December 22, 2014, 12:50:56 PM

Author Topic: Moderators: You are Too Sensitive  (Read 10529 times)

wellfedCanuck

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Moderators: You are Too Sensitive
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 07:51:31 AM »

Indeed, and while I guess US law would apply to CR
Nope, CR is in Canada.   Those who post are responsible for their own posts, but the moderators try to make it a plesant place to carry on reasonable conversations about photography.
They even let some of the US citizens like Neuro and myself post here.  My son was born in Toronto and has a Canadian father, so I guess that makes me part Canadian - eh :)

...and my mom was born in Regina and is still a Canadian citizen

I bought my first non-kit lens in Regina, so we're practically brothers...

Actually, since it was only a Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 I, I guess I'm more of a backwards 2nd cousin, twice-removed- but still!!
Don't take my advice. Don't even take my advice not to take my advice.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 07:51:31 AM »

mbpics

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2013, 04:18:50 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:25 AM »
It is amusing to note that those who claim that this is a photogrpahy forum and that they come here to know/learn photography and that there is no room for this, that and the other are still replying/posting in this "supposedly useless" thread, when there is nothing of photographic value here or in any such similar threads ;D ... I mean if one thinks the egg is rotton from the first bite, does one have to eat the whole egg to make sure it really is rotton!
Ironically these "supposedly useless" threads somehow seem to go on and on, largely thanks to those who claim they do not like these kind of posts/threads.  ;D

I see you are posting here too.  And, I agree with you, nothing of photographic value in this post.  Thats likely why the OP put it in Site information.  The site Information forum seems like a good place to discuss forum policies.  He seemed to be concerned that hate posts were being removed.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:48:22 AM by Mt Spokane Photography »

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • also on superhero vacation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 09:51:56 PM »

Indeed, and while I guess US law would apply to CR
Nope, CR is in Canada.   Those who post are responsible for their own posts, but the moderators try to make it a plesant place to carry on reasonable conversations about photography.
They even let some of the US citizens like Neuro and myself post here.  My son was born in Toronto and has a Canadian father, so I guess that makes me part Canadian - eh :)

...and my mom was born in Regina and is still a Canadian citizen with permanent resident status in the US.  Maybe we should start a conspiracy theory about a requirement for a 'Canadian connection'...   ;)

I once dated a girl from Quebec... I suppose I count?
It's quite easy to get an honorary Canadian citizenship. All you have to do is:

End a sentence with eh? - Eh
Drink a beer while wathching a hockey game.
Know what a Timbit is....
Pronounce "Winnipeg" as "Winterpeg"
Think that melted curds and gravy on top of fries is a delicacy
Know that they are only two seasons.... winter and blackfly.

And for your viewing pleasure... http://www.onf.ca/film/blackfly   This is a film by the National Film Board that accurately depicts life in Canada between winters... eh... enjoy
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 09:51:56 PM »