April 16, 2014, 01:18:50 AM

Author Topic: EOS M Firmware Coming Soon  (Read 7799 times)

waynew

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Re: EOS M Firmware Coming Soon
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 11:38:18 AM »
You should look into Magic Lantern.  It is only in Alpha for the M, but this will give you time lapse as well as some great video tools.

I second this.  It seems remarkably stable.  I have some older, manual lenses, when used with focus peaking really bring a lot of fun to this camera.  The only nit pick with the current ML release is the overlay sits atop the Canon menus, but it sounds like they have a fix in the works.

I'm not expecting a "new camera" with a firmware update, but an improvement will be nice, though I dont' have a big beef with the AF performance outside of a handful of times.

I agree with many that the tap to focus option is faster than the half-pressed shutter release.

The overlay issue has been fixed, but I don't think they have released a new download.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 11:38:18 AM »

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 06:07:21 PM »
You should look into Magic Lantern.  It is only in Alpha for the M, but this will give you time lapse as well as some great video tools.

I second this.  It seems remarkably stable.  I have some older, manual lenses, when used with focus peaking really bring a lot of fun to this camera.  The only nit pick with the current ML release is the overlay sits atop the Canon menus, but it sounds like they have a fix in the works.

I'm not expecting a "new camera" with a firmware update, but an improvement will be nice, though I dont' have a big beef with the AF performance outside of a handful of times.

I agree with many that the tap to focus option is faster than the half-pressed shutter release.

The overlay issue has been fixed, but I don't think they have released a new download.

have they got the intervalometer features working?
APS-H Fanboy

waynew

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »

have they got the intervalometer features working?

Yes. 

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »
I've installed the alpha and it works pretty well so far
I havent done any extensive use of ML on it yet but it looks good
the intervalometer is nice and easy to setup and use too
APS-H Fanboy

botw

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 01:53:20 PM »

Still waiting on this alleged new firmware...

tallrob

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 07:42:26 AM »
AND?  We're waaaaaiiiiiiting.
So I bought an EOS M and a 6D - I love the black sheep!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 07:42:26 AM »