Gear Talk > Lenses

UWA (to complement 35/100/200)?

(1/3) > >>

Cory:
     I just paired my Canon T1i with the new Sigma 35 1.4.  I use my flawless 100 2.0 and 200 2.8 for indoor and outdoor sports with massive success.
     The 35mm Sigma has similar color and contrast of my 30 1.4, but is sharper so I think I made a good move.  So far I have some stunners and use it/plan on using it for everything other than sports - family, travel, landscape, flowers, etc.
     Especially in light of our pending big trip to Alaska would an UWA (which I have no experience with) be an important addition?  I imagine that might be nice for sweeping landscapes and buildings up close both inside and out (in some cases), but do some do well with nothing but a 35mm (50+ equivalent on a crop)?
     Thanks.

alan_k:
I would think you might want something wider than 35mm, and also a TC for wildlife as well to stick on your 200mm. I bet you could find some flickr groups of Alaskan photography and see what lenses people are using. If you're going in the summer, you won't have to worry so much about low light, so you might be able to leave your 35/1.4 at home if you were worried about space.

gigabellone:
My ultra wide lens of choice is the Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6. Good quality at a reasonable price.

Menace:
EFs 10-22 would be very nice if it's with in your budget.

Cheers

tron:

--- Quote from: Menace on February 12, 2013, 07:02:27 AM ---EFs 10-22 would be very nice if it's with in your budget.

Cheers

--- End quote ---
+1 I had gotten 10-22 a few years ago to use with my 40D and didn't regret it at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version