Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Stills

7D - Worth Buying ???

(1/6) > >>

sun216:
Want your advice on Canon 7d.

Currently I am having 600D and in future I have plans for full frame body [1DX if everything goes well  ;D or at least 5d MK3  :)]
But in-between is it worth buying 7D  if I am getting a good deal?  Like if I sell my 600D and buy a new 7D  then my effective investment for 7D will be less than $400.
Note:  Main area of photography fashion/product + some event/indoor and occasional Wild life.

My doubts are like what are the things I will gain in 7D – other than 
Better Focusing system           [+++]
High FPS                                  [++]
Great Build                               [ + ]

But will there be any diff in Image quality – or all of them use same type or sensor?
Actually I read somewhere that 600D sensor is slightly better than 7D.
+ BIG Concern --- WHAT ABOUT ISO PERFORMANCE   --- I have seen in reviews that even at ISO 800 the performance is below par.
•   ISO   [--]

So is it of any value to but 7D or continue with 600D till I save money for Full Frame.
Actually I want to keep a good crop body for occasional Wild Life photography even I buy the Full Frame in future.

Menace:
I loved my 7d when i had it and will be happy to have it back as my 2nd body when extra reach is required.

In your case though I'd suggest save up for the full frame and keep the 600d as a 2nd body as going from 600d to 7d may not be such a big jump in IQ (all things being equal) as you are hoping for.

Hopefully you'll have good quality glass when you go FF to make the most from it.

Cheers

mfumbesi:
I have the same question also, except I have a 30D and desperately want to get a 5D III. At twice the price (in my country), I wonder if the 7D is not a better option. The ISO issue might be a pita, but not a deal breaker. I must confess it would be nice to set ISO at 3200 and shoot away without any concerns.

docsmith:
The 7D is an amazing camera that will likely be all that most enthusiast photographers need.  But, if you are planning on going FF already, I agree, save your money to at least get the 6D on your way to the 1DX.  Then the lens kit that you build will grow with your bodies in a consistent manner.

rpt:

--- Quote from: sun216 on February 14, 2013, 04:32:45 AM ---Like if I sell my 600D and buy a new 7D  then my effective investment for 7D will be less than $400.
Note:  Main area of photography fashion/product + some event/indoor and occasional Wild life.

So is it of any value to but 7D or continue with 600D till I save money for Full Frame.
Actually I want to keep a good crop body for occasional Wild Life photography even I buy the Full Frame in future.

--- End quote ---
For "fashion/product + some event/indoor and occasional Wild life" a 1DX would be great and the 5D3 would be a close second. Why not save those $400 towards one of the FF bodies? I am sure the 7D is great and the reach is superb but those two are in a different league once the light starts to drop and you cant set up lighting to compensate - like in the wild...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version