jpk, since you claim you hardly ever use the 7D, you should definitely sell it. Even if you do some paid gigs here and there, you might be better off getting what money you can for it now, and then springing for its replacement when those come out. Or else try a 70D if it turns out to be a very good camera for the money (which nobody knows as of now...) If it somehow winds up with an AF sensor with more than 11 points...or especially if it winds up with one based on the 7D's sensor...yet it's msrp still falls below even the current price for a new 7D...then it might just be a great camera...sort of a new improved version of the 7D, with no doubt a few compromises thrown in. Perhaps only 6 fps rather than 8, amongst other things.
I'm considering buying a 7D after the "7D2" comes out, or else whenever the 7D ends production...but only if prices come down the way they did for the 5D2. So my target would be the $700 to $800 range, body only (and that's new, not refurb). However, I want a new full frame camera more, so will work toward buying one of those first. Can't decide between the 6D and the 5D3 right now. I kind of need to try a 6D, to see how much "worse" the AF and ergonomics are.
What would be interesting, is if the 7D2 turns out to be a 1.5x sensor...or something else. Either way, it looks more and more like a 7D2 will be priced in the $2500 or higher range.