November 23, 2014, 02:37:12 AM

Author Topic: Cleaning?  (Read 5642 times)

Eddie_2001

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »
I use cans of "Dust-Off" for cleaning various computer parts and so on, and the only restriction on the label is "never use on camera mirrors" - otherwise there are no restrictions. I have used this stuff to clean the mirrors on my old Canon A1's without any problems, but I would hesitate to use it on a digital camera.

Ted
2 7D's and 3 L zooms - FD gear has been sold.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »
Hi I was wondering what the best/most cost efficient method is to clean my T2i's sensor. I've had it for roughly a year now and although I've been very, very careful with it, I noticed I have 3 dust spots. Would it be best to go through Canon directly, a local camera store, or to buy a product on the internet and use it at home? I'm quite nervous using one at home since I have no experience doing so. Thanks so much for your advice!

I have followed these instructions and have not had any problems yet:
If any cr list members disagrees with this wet cleaning method, pls chime in. :)

I get my cleaning supplies from Micro tools and use their methods, its only when I failed to follow them closely that I had to repeat the job.  i've also bought a lot of lens tools, and can do minor fixes to most of my lenses.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »