October 19, 2017, 05:43:30 AM

Author Topic: Sacrilege on TV  (Read 10369 times)

epsiloneri

• EOS 6D Mark II
Re: Sacrilege on TV
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »
Alright, not being a white lens guy, I have to ask...which of the classes of 70-200s is that beat-up survivor a member?  Is it an old f/2.8 non-IS?

That's right, you can distinguish the non-IS from the IS version by the missing IS switches, this one only has the AF/MF and focus range delimiter switches, so non-IS (and it's clearly the 70-200/2.8L from the shape of it).

I wonder why she would put on an ND filter though, perhaps to allow for longer than flash-sync exposure times on a well-lit scene? Or maybe to hide that the front lens is cracked?  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 5-1500mm f/1.0L IS
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 09:23:42 PM »
Alright, not being a white lens guy, I have to ask...which of the classes of 70-200s is that beat-up survivor a member?  Is it an old f/2.8 non-IS?

Looks like 70-200 f/2.8 non IS, but they have painted out Canon Logos and the AF/MF switch looks a bit weird.

spedi

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 12:33:34 AM »
and did someone see the hot shoe  :o ;D

but looking at all the scraches around the lens and body, i think this is a 250g super lightweight plastic fantastic SLR and the only glass on that thing IS the ND filter ;D

dr croubie

• Too many photos, too little time.
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 03:14:17 AM »
and did someone see the hot shoe  :o ;D

I was wondering about the hot-shoe too. If it were a canon flash on a canon body, there'd be no need for a synch cable.
But seeing as they rebadged it as a nikon, they needed to continue the lie by adding the cable, coz a speedlite 580ex (v1 by the looks) might not like working on a 'nikon' body...

or is it a trick question? isn't the 'sacrilege' that torchwood is still showing on tv?
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

JonB1975

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »
While I am a little a annoyed they've put a Nikon sign on a Canon camera, the BBC probably put Canon signs on the Nikons.  (You can see a Nikon in the background even if you can't see if they've changed its' name) As the BBC is not supposed to advertise this probably the reason why this has been done.

As for everything else - How often do you see working cameras in movies - especially in press pack shots like this?

This is to prevent unauthorised photos sneaking off set.  The dark filter on the lens may be there to hide a broken lens as a prop.  The other giveaway is the hotshoe attachment between the body and the flash and the cable going to the release under her finger (not the func button) - so she can set off the flash so it looks like she is taking photos.  She is also using her left eye - which indicates she can't see through the camera.  (Though I do that to check for blinks too....)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »