July 25, 2014, 07:30:57 PM

Author Topic: 1D X Product Advisory  (Read 23171 times)

Shawn L

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: 1D X Product Advisory
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2013, 12:51:01 PM »
I have been using the original box, body packed as orignally sent and I put in bubble wrap to fill the empty space...

Thanks, StoneySnapper =)

Shawn L.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2013, 12:51:01 PM »

Cannon Man

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »
I took mine to be serviced today and 2 hours later it was ready and it looks to be 100% clean and well serviced.
I'm relieved! Perhaps i can start trusting the service in Finland again.

Virgil Quick

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2013, 04:07:06 PM »
Just received and printed the shipping label from Canon to return my 1D-X for the product advisory service.  I was a bit disappointed to see that the label was for UPS ground service.  I had really expected Canon would at least have opted for UPS Second Day Air since these cameras are used by many owners to earn a living.

Hope the serviced camera is returned by a quicker service.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2013, 05:53:08 PM »
Just received and printed the shipping label from Canon to return my 1D-X for the product advisory service.  I was a bit disappointed to see that the label was for UPS ground service.  I had really expected Canon would at least have opted for UPS Second Day Air since these cameras are used by many owners to earn a living.

Hope the serviced camera is returned by a quicker service.

Are you in the US?  I haven't called Canon yet, but I'll be doing so soon, want to get it done before a trip in August, and with time for a second service, just in case.

UPS Ground is fine by me - that's overnight shipping to/from NY/NJ for me (which is great for orders from B&H/Adorama!).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Viggo

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2013, 07:20:02 AM »
I was about to send mine in when I discovered there is NO insurance at all with the shipping provided by Canon!
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

Virgil Quick

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »
If you have your camera personally insured wouldn't that policy cover your equipment if it is returned by common carrier to an authorized service facility?  My policy does extend such coverage so I never purchase extra insurance from the carrier.  I am just careful to keep all documentation and receipts so I could prove loss if something were to occur.

I realize all insurance is different but this is something you might want to investigate.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:24:28 AM by Virgil Quick »

Viggo

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2013, 03:46:58 PM »
If you have your camera personally insured wouldn't that policy cover your equipment if it is returned by common carrier to an authorized service facility?  My policy does extend such coverage so I never purchase extra insurance from the carrier.  I am just careful to keep all documentation and receipts so I could prove loss if something were to occur.

I realize all insurance is different but this is something you might want to investigate.

My insurance isn't valid when I send the gear away, and not having it with me under
My supervision...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2013, 03:46:58 PM »

Cannon Man

« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2013, 03:29:15 PM »
I jumped the gun here.. I said the camera got back clean but now i see that there are spots on the sensor..

My trust with the Finnish service is now completely gone!

What did i do wrong?? I just bought my 1D X 4 weeks ago and handled it like it was a baby and now it
dirty because i had to send it in to the service in Finland.

Now i have to send it back to be cleaned but isn't it stupid to have a sensor of a brand new camera to be cleaned
and i did nothing to make it dirty.

I have absolutely no trust for them to clean my sensor with good care and i know it will come back scratched or something like that.

I know it is not a big deal to have dirt on the sensor but it is to me because this is a brand new expensive camera.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »
Now i have to send it back to be cleaned but isn't it stupid to have a sensor of a brand new camera to be cleaned

Did you check it before you sent it in?  My brand new 1D X (preordered on day 1 last March) came from the factory complete with many 'randomly placed diffraction calibration dots' as a feature - i.e. the first thing I did with my new camera was clean the sensor.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Cannon Man

« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2013, 04:06:20 AM »

Did you check it before you sent it in?  My brand new 1D X (preordered on day 1 last March) came from the factory complete with many 'randomly placed diffraction calibration dots' as a feature - i.e. the first thing I did with my new camera was clean the sensor.

I did check it before i sent it and it was perfectly clean! I took 4800 pictures in the 3 weeks i had it before i had it serviced and it was absolutely clean till then.

Viggo

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2013, 03:26:53 PM »
Handed mine in the other day and I got a
Message that they had registered it, then 33 minutes later I got another message saying it was finished AND they cleaned my much needed sensor for free! Awesome service and the sensor is spotless and everything ok.

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2013, 03:30:46 PM »
The only thing that really bothered me was that they shipped it back with no requirements, ie no signature required, and left them sitting on my porch, unattended all day while I was at work.  Not cool.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »
The only thing that really bothered me was that they shipped it back with no requirements, ie no signature required, and left them sitting on my porch, unattended all day while I was at work.  Not cool.

I hope those of you in America that are having experiences like this are writing a letter of complaint to Canon USA and Canon Global HQ. Returning a US$6,000 camera without signature required, is just asking for trouble imho, and is not what you would expect from a company such as Canon.

Thankfully where I am, I take mind directly into CPS. I know them there and I have always been more than impressed, but if I was receiving service like bdunbar describes I would be quite mad to say the least.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2013, 05:02:13 AM »
Both my Bodies back yesterday from Canon Singapore, not only all Good, but they touched up the scratches etc, look new, Sensor clean, assume Greased & Lubricated. I was worried a little after seeing the extremely poor service reports coming from others, but Canon Singapore did Canon proud.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Northstar

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2013, 09:52:26 AM »

they did the same to me...amazing.
Sport Shooter

1dX and 5d3... 24-70 2.8ii, 70-200 2.8ii, 1.4xiii and 2xiii, 85, 40mm, 300 2.8L IS....430ex

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2013, 09:52:26 AM »