July 29, 2014, 12:54:52 PM

Author Topic: Can't upload photos  (Read 1994 times)

JPAZ

• 6D
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
    • View Profile
Can't upload photos
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:47:06 AM »
I am perplexed.  After posting successfully a couple of days ago, I can't upload photos to the forum for about 48 hours.  I can post words but no pictures.  I tried JPEG all less that 4096 MB (quite a bit smaller, in fact) using multiple pictures and cannot get them to load.  I have tried both Firefox and IE.  I've disabled and re-enabled cookies, pop-up blockers And turned my antivirus software on and off.  When I load an attachment and click post, I see a message "Waiting for Canon Rumors" but then the page goes blank dn nothing ha been posted.  I know this is a photo forum and not a computer forum, but I'd appreciate any ideas from out there. 

I am not a geek (sorry) but I am fairly adept at using a PC and making adjustments to the OS and the device.  FWIW, I've been using a Win7 Pro with 8GB mem and have lot's of disk space.

Thanks.  I've seen something like this posted here before but could not find that thread.

JP
5d Mkiii; Eos-M; too many lenses; 430 EXii and a whole lot of stuff

canon rumors FORUM

Can't upload photos
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:47:06 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Can't upload photos
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 01:15:24 AM »
Test

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 01:16:35 AM »
It seemed to work for me.  Try a image 800 X 800 or smaller.

JPAZ

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 11:34:25 AM »
Cute shot.  Thanks for the reminder.

JP

bjd

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 12:33:52 PM »
I am perplexed.  After posting successfully a couple of days ago, I can't upload photos to the forum for about 48 hours.  I can post words but no pictures.  I tried JPEG all less that 4096 MB (quite a bit smaller, in fact) using multiple pictures and cannot get them to load.  I have tried both Firefox and IE.  I've disabled and re-enabled cookies, pop-up blockers And turned my antivirus software on and off.  When I load an attachment and click post, I see a message "Waiting for Canon Rumors" but then the page goes blank dn nothing ha been posted.  I know this is a photo forum and not a computer forum, but I'd appreciate any ideas from out there. 

I am not a geek (sorry) but I am fairly adept at using a PC and making adjustments to the OS and the device.  FWIW, I've been using a Win7 Pro with 8GB mem and have lot's of disk space.

Thanks.  I've seen something like this posted here before but could not find that thread.

JP

There is simply something wrong with the JPEG, and the CR site cannot display it.
Try other ways of creating the picture, or converting it,  Its just a pity there is no error message.

I dont think the 800x800 is valid any longer. I've posted larger pictures:

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=14200.msg265606#msg265606

Cheers Brian
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:37:37 PM by bjd »

JPAZ

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »
I'd concur but it happened with more than one pic.  And, when I did lower to 800, it posted. 

But, I know I have uploaded larger in the past without a problem so maybe something else is amiss?

rogerb

• Power Shot G16
  • 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 10:05:35 PM »
can anyone give a quick "how to" on posting photos here? thanks

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 10:05:35 PM »

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »

JP

Not sure if it's a Key Stroke issue, but you quoted 4096MB, that's a humungous Image File.

Try keeping the Image size down below 4000KB's, I seem to have no issue when Posting at around 350 to 500 KB's per file size.

I use a piece of software called On One Image Sizer to pull the Original Image, Often 30 to 50 MB down to the right size.

Another issue is ensure the Image is sRGB format, if you Post Images in any other Format the Colour will not render right on CR.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 11:09:52 PM »

Get your Original Image down to a size +/- 500KB

Have it on your desk top or in a file easy to find

enter your written info in the Box where this info is going.

Below the Box is the "Attachments" Option, click

Click "Choose File" which will show you your Files etc for selection

Click the File you want to Post

Hit Preview, to Preview

Hit Post

Depending on File size, takes a few seconds and away it goes.

Important, Convert your Image Files to sRGB Format, RGB1988 or other Adobe type File Formats will not render colour well on CR, sRGB seems the best Format.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »
I did on the 6D thread in a reply to your unsuccessful post.

rogerb

• Power Shot G16
  • 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 07:14:24 AM »
thank you rpt and eml58.

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile