I've decided to skip the 5DIII upgrade and wait to see if the 5D4 will be a big enough leap forward to even consider upgrading. Quite happy with the Mk2 right now.
So I choose "2 stops of improved and usable ISO performance (low light capabilities)" compared to the MkIII to make me upgrade to a MkIV from my MkII.
Going from a MkII to a MkIII is not worth it IQ-wise.
5D3, 5D2, Sony α6000, G16 | EF: SY14/2.8, V20/3.5, 28/2.8 IS, Ʃ35/1.4, 50/1.8, Ʃ50/1.4 EX, 100/2.8L IS Macro, 16-35/4L IS, 24-105/4L IS, 70-200/2.8L IS II, 1.4x II, 2.0x III, 70-300L IS, T28-300 Di VC PZD, Ʃ150-600 DG OS HSM S | E: SY12/2, 35/1.8 OSS, 16-70 ZA OSS, 55-210 OSS, SY300/6.3 ED UMC CS