August 27, 2014, 05:10:49 AM

Poll

If you use a  grip with two batts: What's your charging solution?

One at a time with the Canon charger
4 (66.7%)
Two or more canon chargers
0 (0%)
Third party dual /multiple charger
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Charger question for Folks with grips and/or multiple batteries  (Read 544 times)

dlleno

• 6D
    • View Profile
I'm charging one at a time with canon  charger but it sucks.   Too bad the ack-e6 doesn't double as a charger.   
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:22:29 AM by dlleno »

Jim Saunders

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Re: Charger question for Folks with grips and/or multiple batteries
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:34:15 PM »
Socks?  Are you a fan of a web comic called Perry Bible Fellowship?  This one (which makes me laugh) comes to mind.. 

On the other hand if that was just a typo then forget it.

To answer your original question I just use the issue charger; I have the grip mostly for portraits and for taking two batteries where baggage or pocket space is tight.  I don't go through batteries so quickly that buying a second one is a priority.  It is probably a good idea for the sake of not being reliant on one copy of something though.

Jim
I'd probably do better to invest more time and less money.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:38:20 PM »
For a while, I had a 7D and a 5DII (both gripped), so I had four batteries and two chargers.  I would charge the pair of batteries for a given camera at the same time. When I only had one of the two bodies, I'd charge them one after the other in the one charger.

The 1-series charger holds two batteries, which is nice...but, it charges them in sequence, not simultaneously, and it's a big beast if you need to take in on a trip.  The LC-E6 was more convenient from that standpoint.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

dlleno

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:37:44 AM »
lol yes Jim that was a typo. corrected now;  thanks.   dern phone autocorrect thats what i get for rumoring with my phone lol. 

yea the two canon chargers isn't that bad of a plan, frankly -- if quick, unattended charging is needed. by the time you invest in a third party dual charger, you could just as well have purchased another Canon.   so far I'm getting along with the one charger, but you do have to think ahead and realize that you have to load up the 2nd battery.  Neuro -- yea at least with the  1 series, the charge is automatic, i.e. you can launch an overnight charge without swapping batts.

when I got my 5D3, Adorama was offering their "power up " bundle, which included the BG-E11 and a 2nd battery for free.  I couldn't resist that.   I'm firmly in the grip camp now, with both batts loaded lol :D