February 28, 2015, 10:14:31 PM

Author Topic: Firmware Updates for Canon EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1Ds Mark III & EOS-1D Mark IV  (Read 5320 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors

From Canon USA

Canon continues to update older professional DSLR bodies. I must say I’m pleasantly surprised they’re still supporting the Mark III bodies.

The following fixes have been incorporated in the new firmware

1. Resolves the following phenomenon: when the camera is not attached to a lens, power consumption may be higher than usual, causing premature battery drain.

2. Resolves a phenomenon in which “Err 02” may be displayed when the shutter is released without a lens attached.

Download the firmware

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
What a shame they didn't put the RT flash system functionality in there, I doubt it would have hurt new sales but what a boost i would give to customers currently using the 1Ds MkIII, which is still Canon's premier high resolution 1 series.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

RGomezPhotos

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • Ricardo Gomez Photography
Excellent cameras still. Glad that support is still excellent. Peace of mind.
EOS 5D MKII & 50D, Zeiss 50mm f1.4
www.ricardogomezphotography.com

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
I also expect the 3rd party battery warning to pop up, so I'd hold off if you are using third party batteries until someone reports that there are no issues.

BozillaNZ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Does this mean they f**ked up the previous update to support 200-400 1.4x? So they released a patch to fix previous firmware update?
Look ma, me cameraz can push shadow 10 stoops w/o noizes, OMGWTFBBQChickenwingHaxorz!!!11
www.flickr.com/photos/bozillanz/

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • It's a PONY!
    • View Profile
    • Der Tierfotograf
Excellent cameras still. Glad that support is still excellent. Peace of mind.

It's also the other way around: They are excellent cameras *because* they are still supported!

Unfortunately for us Joe Sixpacks it's not like that - and even for 1d it could be a lot better: think Canon would add rt (and group mode) control to the firmware of the *current* cameras like 7d & 60d or the *last* generation of multi-thousand $$$ 1d? No way, even if it'd probably just take their programmers some days to do it :-(

expatinasia

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Great to see Canon still working on FW updates for these cameras which are no longer in production.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

canon rumors FORUM

xylus

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
This isnt any update....just fixing some bugs!

alexanderferdinand

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
1D MKIV, 5DMk III, lot of lenses, flashes etc
Fuji X100s, Sony RX100 III,
Fuji X- E2, XF 23 1,4, XF 18- 55 2,8-4

expatinasia

• 1D X
    • View Profile
This isnt any update....just fixing some bugs!

The difference being? When you consider these cameras are no longer in production, this is an update.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

alexanderferdinand

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
Good point, expatinasia.
Always a good feeling that Canon cares for equipment thats not listed any longer.
Although: there was an update a few weeks ago for the 1d4.
After more then a year.
Have they forgotten something?
The fixed issues are new?
Hm.
And yes: I actually had an err02 just a few days ago. Never before. Objectiv attached.
Strange thing.
1D MKIV, 5DMk III, lot of lenses, flashes etc
Fuji X100s, Sony RX100 III,
Fuji X- E2, XF 23 1,4, XF 18- 55 2,8-4

BozillaNZ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
They are fixing bugs they introduced by the firmware of previous version, which they introduced solely to sell more of the 200-400 1.4x lenses. I don't see that as care for customers of old products, I see that as due diligence.

Also the updated firmware won't break compatibility with 3rd party batteries.
Look ma, me cameraz can push shadow 10 stoops w/o noizes, OMGWTFBBQChickenwingHaxorz!!!11
www.flickr.com/photos/bozillanz/

tq0cr5i

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
 :-[I am always waiting for firmware updates for my 5D2. The 2.1.2 firmware now more than 17 months old. Perhaps this will be the last and final official update for the camera. :(
Canon EOS 5D Mark II;
CANON EF LENSES: 24mm F1.4L II, 24-105mm F4L, 40mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8 II, 50mm F2.5, 100mm F2.8L, 135mm F2L, 70-200mm F4L IS;
Canon SPEEDLITES: 430EX II, 90EX

canon rumors FORUM

WillThompson

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
Does this mean they f**ked up the previous update to support 200-400 1.4x? So they released a patch to fix previous firmware update?

YES!
Will T.

danski0224

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • Some of my Work in Progress
It would be nice if they added regular spot AF (like the 7D or 5DIII) to the 1DIV without having to use a lens with a spot AF button on it...
Some of my Work in Progress..... www.dftimages.com

canon rumors FORUM