August 29, 2014, 10:15:30 AM

Author Topic: Using Custom Dial Settings  (Read 3467 times)

curby

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Using Custom Dial Settings
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 02:21:08 PM »
Necroposting to update.  I got the 70D.  It's quite a bit nicer than my Rebel in pretty much every way.  I wish it were a little lighter though.  :P

With my wide interests, I can't cover everything with a single mode.  I can't have a birding mode, a macro mode, a portrait mode, and a landscape mode.  In most of those cases though, I have the time beforehand to set things up.  And if I don't have that time, then it makes most sense to have the generic "oh crap, get that shot" mode anyway.

I currently have the C mode on exposure bracketing, as I might want to experiment with some light expanded DR work.  The more I think about it though, the more I want to do neuro's #2 suggestion.  To wit, have the C mode be for situations when you can't take the time to make all the adjustments.  However, I wonder if it would be better to select the middle nine AF points instead of just the center. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 02:21:08 PM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 04:06:05 AM »
Hmmm, that sounds pretty cool and a useful way to retire all the <1GB CF cards that would not even hold more than a handful of images anymore.

Yep - it's really cost effective to reuse those old cards.  All you need is a 1D X...   :-X

dammit everytime you post cool things about the 1Dx it makes me sad they don't make a 1series without the stupid grip

oh the yearning for a high end 1 series like the good ol 1V....
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 04:06:05 AM »