August 22, 2014, 12:21:12 AM

Author Topic: Advice: Black Rapid shoulderstrap  (Read 7743 times)

lion rock

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Advice: Black Rapid shoulderstrap
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 11:50:08 AM »
Neuroanatomist,
I use the BR 4 and I like it very much.  I made replacement to the hardware on the BR.
I saw that Sunsniper has a ballbearing link with a rubber pad to attach to the camera 1/4-20 thread.  The ballbearing provides swivelling capability and the rubber ring provides friction to prevent the screw from coming loose.  So, I replaced the carabiner/fastener combo with the Sunsniper part.  I am making the best of both worlds. 8)
I bought the Sunsniper Strap Pro a couple of years ago, but find it too bulky at the "shock absorber" making it too big to pack in my camera bag.  I gave it to my daughter to use. ;)
Just like everything in life, I am still seeking the ideal way to carry my camera and be able to use tripod at a moments notice, to connect to my 70-200 lens collar when I change to the lens.
Then, there is the case of putting everything I need in a bag.  Current flying rules are getting more and more restrictive to weight of carryon. :-[
A picture of the Sunsniper ballbearing link is attached.
-r

If the BR hardware has a weak point, it's the swivel pin. A zip tie from the rectangular bracket to the carabiner or lug would provide extra security, and limiting rotation to ~180 degrees isn't really an issue.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 11:50:08 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 12:00:37 PM »
Just like everything in life, I am still seeking the ideal way to carry my camera and be able to use tripod at a moments notice, to connect to my 70-200 lens collar when I change to the lens.

The answer to that is a QR clamp on the end of the strap, with plates on bodies/lens collars.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

lion rock

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2013, 12:14:19 PM »
Neuroanatomist,
I shall look into that.  Thanks for the tip.
-r

The answer to that is a QR clamp on the end of the strap, with plates on bodies/lens collars.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2013, 12:14:19 PM »