December 21, 2014, 12:44:04 PM

Author Topic: Canon "Pro" Announcements on September 22, 2011  (Read 42561 times)

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Re: Canon \
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »
ok guys ill admit i was talking rubbish but i did have high hopes as for being a troll no you have that wrong I'm afraid but hey thats your opinion.

+1 for admitting it

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »

daniel charms

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Fair enough CR Guy, however, you also posted an update that said "Another person with an invite is telling us that the program only mentions, ink, laser, & multifunction printers" so it would seem that we have multiple sources of mis-information.

There is this, however: raykophoto.com, via Photo Rumors.

Edit: in other words, there are pro printer events scheduled for today, but they probably cover things already in production and on sale, not new announcements.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:40:47 AM by daniel charms »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »
trust me don't but a 5DMk2 . the autofocus is no where near usable for the high ISO things people want to do with it. better buying something new that works .

The 5d MK II is known as one of the best at low light autofocus, and mine certainly is.  Which Canon camera is better at low light AF?  Certainly not 7D, or 1D MK III, I have both.

Heidrun

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2011, 12:05:07 PM »
So. Now its 6pm in Norway. Where is the news

photophreek

« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2011, 12:06:12 PM »
It's amazing that some (certainly not all) people read the rumors posted on this site and take them at face value and then proceed to sell a lens or a camera thinking that they will fund the new whatever on release date.  The CR guy is posting based on "best guess" so why would that be enough information to start selling equipment to get a jump on buying "vapor equipment".  I don't understand. 

If the Sept 22 announcement was truly about a totally new DSLR, don't you think that this information would have been leaked a few days ago.  A major DSLR announcement from Canon is a big deal and news worthy.  In other words, if nothing had been said about what this announcement was about by the second week in September then guess what...it's not a DSLR, but a calculator. 

Take the information provided here with a huge grain of salt and really, I wouldn't be selling lenses or cameras until Canon actually annouces something and even then, maybe start selling whatever 3-6 months after serious testing has been published.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:08:58 PM by photophreek »

photophreek

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »
People who are privy to major announcements regarding new camera equipment are required to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) which, if violated has some pretty serious legal ramifications and career limiting consequences.  Canon brass would know very quickly who spilt the beans if details of anything were leaked since the need to know people are a small and select group.

surfing_geek

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »
From Twitter:
@Chibear89 Chi Lau
@jessops @CanonUKandIE Canon Champion training was fun! learnt a lot about flashes :D Thanks again guys!
27 minutes ago via web

Flashes!  It's Flashes!  That must be what all the hype is about!  You saw it here first ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
September 22 \
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2011, 12:31:19 PM »
My Fault A few days ago we posted that DigitalREV had put on their Twitter and Facebook pages about being invited to a “pro product launch” event.

I should have updated the post to say we had heard nothing from anyone else in regards to a DSLR announcement. I knew for a fact no other outlet had been invited to any Canon event or press conference.

I apologize, it’s my fault for not updating the post appropriately, I simply forgot.

As mentioned on other sites, “no leaks… no announcements.” That holds true here as well.

cr

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:33:09 PM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

Shnookums

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: September 22 \
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »
As mentioned on other sites, “no leaks… no announcements.” That holds true here as well.

Yeah... Well... It still sucks hehe. I need a camera...

Anyway, let's see what's coming November 3, even if I have a feeling it will be about video more than DSLR.

Still, I'll cross my fingers :)

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2011, 12:54:26 PM »
It's amazing that some (certainly not all) people read the rumors posted on this site and take them at face value and then proceed to sell a lens or a camera thinking that they will fund the new whatever on release date.  The CR guy is posting based on "best guess" so why would that be enough information to start selling equipment to get a jump on buying "vapor equipment".  I don't understand.

+1 but...if you do want to sell your equipment based on a rumor, please send me a list. :)
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2011, 01:44:15 PM »

Good point, very true indeed.  However, one of the reasons people come to this site is to hear about rumors or leaked info about upcoming gear and the implied value is that CR Guy has knowledge of the industry and contacts that are better than us mere mortals.  On that basis we have an expectation that CR Guy vets the rumors, can spot the crap, can look for corroboration, and wouldn't post nonsense without saying so... i.e. putting a CR1 or even 0 rating on it.

In the case of this "Sept 22 pro product announcement" I think the ball was dropped a little bit and CR Guy has owned up to that by posting an apology and commenting that he'll be more careful about posting anything from DigitalREV.  Props for that.

Other reasons some people might come to this site are to talk about gear with fellow gear heads and to be entertained by bold and ridiculous claims by certain members.  And on that point, this thread certainly delivered!  :)

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2011, 02:04:21 PM »
i love digitalrev vids but this has really annoyed me the fact that they said they had an invite on the 22nd posted on twitter recently that the team were there now over 7hours ago yet failed to tweet about the outcome regardless of what it was very very disappointed with them  >:(

Dave Creu

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2011, 02:45:29 PM »

I get a kick out of watching a company dig it’s own interment hole. Pride, arrogance, elitism, and just a general disdain for people in the DSLR filmmaking camp (read, not so wealthy, but talented) leads me to believe that we’ll be seeing this Red company give up the ghost in short order. I like watching that happen when it’s justified.
Red HAD to disrespect Canon to keep up with their already tarnished image, and to show how well a company of 5-year-olds can “bazooka” the “big dogs”. And to think, the vapor of Scarlet has been floating around for years now, and they are forced to make good on it in short order simply because Canon is going to eat their lunch…politely, I might add.
Red you are nothing but HYPE, and I don’t care about your cameras. Put ME on your list Jannard, I beg you.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2011, 02:45:29 PM »

Redreflex

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2011, 03:29:08 PM »

Good point, very true indeed.  However, one of the reasons people come to this site is to hear about rumors or leaked info about upcoming gear and the implied value is that CR Guy has knowledge of the industry and contacts that are better than us mere mortals.  On that basis we have an expectation that CR Guy vets the rumors, can spot the crap, can look for corroboration, and wouldn't post nonsense without saying so... i.e. putting a CR1 or even 0 rating on it.

In the case of this "Sept 22 pro product announcement" I think the ball was dropped a little bit and CR Guy has owned up to that by posting an apology and commenting that he'll be more careful about posting anything from DigitalREV.  Props for that.

Other reasons some people might come to this site are to talk about gear with fellow gear heads and to be entertained by bold and ridiculous claims by certain members.  And on that point, this thread certainly delivered!  :)

To CR guy's credit, I've been following this site for at least 6 months, and this is the first time (as far as I can recall) a rumour about an announcement hasn't materialised (in terms of presence/absence of one, not of the content). This speaks volumes, as you'd expect any other run-of-the-mill rumours site to be filled with many more false dawns.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:32:36 PM by Redreflex »

UncleFester

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »
an official 200-400mm lens, please fingers crossed   ::)

Ironic. I just spoke with someone earlier today that tested a 200-400 last year. I wouldn't be surprised if that actually made it's debut.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »