August 23, 2014, 11:37:52 AM

Author Topic: Filter System Coming for the TS-E 17 f/4L? [CR1]  (Read 7839 times)

scarbo

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Filter System Coming for the TS-E 17 f/4L? [CR1]
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 10:45:52 AM »
Having looked at the WonderPana 145 Essentials Kit I am interested in getting one for the polarizer. Could somebody who owns one post a picture of it mounted on the 17TS-E please? Whilst I can understand how it works on the 14mm and the Nikon 14-24 I don't see how it fits the 17TS-E without mounting on the focus ring. It would be a great help if I could see one before ordering, thanks.

Here you go. As you can see it is mounted via the bayonet of the lens cap. Very secure and does not vignette with movement.
Added Bonus is some protection of the front element.

Normalnorm, how are you finding the WonderPana 145 holder? There's not much information about it in the way of reviews. I'd like to know if it in any way marks the lens.

Anyone else should pipe in too if they own this holder. Thanks.

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 10:56:25 AM »
Having looked at the WonderPana 145 Essentials Kit I am interested in getting one for the polarizer. Could somebody who owns one post a picture of it mounted on the 17TS-E please? Whilst I can understand how it works on the 14mm and the Nikon 14-24 I don't see how it fits the 17TS-E without mounting on the focus ring. It would be a great help if I could see one before ordering, thanks.

Here you go. As you can see it is mounted via the bayonet of the lens cap. Very secure and does not vignette with movement.

Normalnorm, how are you finding the WonderPana 145 holder? There's not much information about it in the way of reviews. I'd like to know if it in any way marks the lens.

It is a superb system. I got it and couldn't be happier. The holder is custom made and mounts to the lens cap bayonet mount of the 17 TS-E, it does not mark the lens at all, it is a much neater implementation that how they do it to the Nikon 14-24 as there is no locking collar.

They have since come out with a modification to the 66 part of the system, if you are a grad filter user then 100% get the FreeArc version, I am not so am quite happy with the cheaper and smaller original version.

Couldn't recommend this higher.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

scarbo

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »

It is a superb system. I got it and couldn't be happier. The holder is custom made and mounts to the lens cap bayonet mount of the 17 TS-E, it does not mark the lens at all, it is a much neater implementation that how they do it to the Nikon 14-24 as there is no locking collar.

They have since come out with a modification to the 66 part of the system, if you are a grad filter user then 100% get the FreeArc version, I am not so am quite happy with the cheaper and smaller original version.

Thanks.

I find it strange that Fotodiox have not done more to show the implementation of the holder on the 17mm TS-E or any lenses that are not the Nikon 14-24mm. There are very few examples out there.

GMCPhotographics

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • GMCPhotographics
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 05:51:17 AM »

Yep, I took a leap of faith with this system just as it was made available. I had to wait months for the various filters to become available. The ND filters are far from neutral, there's a gold colour cast which is quite strong. But it's certainly usable and the system works well. It's great to be able to use a polariser. But wrestling with 165mm filters out on a cold and windy morning can be a problem. One rain spot and it really shows in the final image and the size of the filters is a little bit like handling a large diner plate! Not a system to use in Cornwall, UK for windy landscapes!

Thanks.

I find it strange that Fotodiox have not done more to show the implementation of the holder on the 17mm TS-E or any lenses that are not the Nikon 14-24mm. There are very few examples out there.