August 01, 2014, 01:23:42 PM

Author Topic: If you plan to upgrade your camera, read  (Read 15463 times)

tiger82

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: If you plan to upgrade your camera, read
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »
Prsonally, I think everyone should start with 3 1DX bodies, 8-15mm 4L, 14mm 2.8L, 24mm 1.4L, 16-35 II 2.8L, 24-70 II 2.8L, 70-200 II 2.8L, 200m 2.0L, 100mm IS Macro 2.8L, 200-400 1.4x 4.0L, 300 2.8L, 400 2.8L, 600 f/4, and 800 f4.

Then upgrade every time a new version is released.  If you can afford it, buy them and go away.

800 f4?

Ooops, that was originally 500mm 4L and 600mm 4L but I decided why not add 800 to the supreme collection but I forgot to change it to 800mm 5.6L
1D4 with 70-200 IS f/2.8L, 5D2 with 24-70 f/2.8L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »
Hi there,

I feel it's a waste of money upgrading from one Canon rebel to the next rebel or even a 60D to the 70D.
I suggest that you upgrade only to a larger sensor body.
It is just a waste of money to buy another camera having the same size sensor IMO.

Upgrade your glass instead.

Dear Mr. DuyDaniel,

We have received your application to work as a troll here at Camera Rumors Forum. At this time we do not have any vacancies and we are not conducting interviews for trolls.

Perhaps you were aware that we recently had a reduction in force in our Dynamic Range Troll Division. While that is true, it was the result of a decision to reduce the number of trolls serving the forum and we do not anticipate filling that vacancy in the near future.

We will keep your application on file, and should a need arise in the future, we will contact you. In the meantime, it will not be necessary for you to initiate any further contact.

Sincerely,

Canon Rumors Forum Community.

pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

duydaniel

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2013, 01:05:22 PM »
Thanks for the effort
but thought of me offering my opinion and suggestions are trolling
ofc there is no perfect solution for all.
I shoot still most of the time and that was what I feel about upgrading

Hi there,

I feel it's a waste of money upgrading from one Canon rebel to the next rebel or even a 60D to the 70D.
It is just a waste of money to buy another camera having the same size sensor IMO.

Dear Mr. DuyDaniel,

We have received your application to work as a troll here at Camera Rumors Forum. At this time we do not have any vacancies and we are not conducting interviews for trolls.

Perhaps you were aware that we recently had a reduction in force in our Dynamic Range Troll Division. While that is true, it was the result of a decision to reduce the number of trolls serving the forum and we do not anticipate filling that vacancy in the near future.

We will keep your application on file, and should a need arise in the future, we will contact you. In the meantime, it will not be necessary for you to initiate any further contact.

Sincerely,

Canon Rumors Forum Community.

thgmuffin

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 03:53:58 AM »
Why not upgrade to an ipad? It has a bigger touchscreen and two cameras :)
Features:
Variable Burst Rate! Tap as fast as you want!
0 Buffer lag!
Share as you go!
Large screen for composing and focusing!
Front facing camera for selfies!

greger

• Rebel T5i
  • 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2013, 05:42:15 AM »
Where does it say that all opinions must be not thought provoking or of a personal opinion. It's ok to get upset at someone's post and go on a name calling attack when the simple solution is to laugh it off and just say that the op is wrong and  give some facts to back up your opinion. I strongly disagree with the post and I gave my response. I just
don't see getting mean spirited. "Buy a good camera then it's L glass forever more?" End of Story.  8)
Canon 7D | EFS 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM - EF 50mm f/1.8 Mark l - EF 100mm f/2.8 IS USM Macro - EF 70-200mm   f/4 L IS USM- EF 100-400    f4.5-5.6 IS USM - 1.4 ll and 2X ll Extenders

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
  • M.R.S. = my initials! www.mrsfotografie.nl
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »
Features:
0 Buffer lag!
Share as you go!

Have you seen anyone take pictures with an iPad? it's really stupid. Especially if you consider that in Dutch we call someone who is oblivious to things/concepts/ideas/knowledge that should be obvious, as having a "bord voor zijn kop" which translates to: " having a plate in front of their head". That iPad is some plate in front of one's head!

Oh, and at events it's plain anti-social because anyone standing behind the person who is taking pictures overhead with their iPad won't be able to see a thing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:09:31 PM by mrsfotografie »
5D3, 5D2, NEX-6 | SY14mm f/2.8, Ʃ20mm f/1.8, 24mm f/2.8, 35mm f/2, Ʃ35mm f/1.4A, 50mm f/1.8 I, Ʃ50mm f/1.4 EX, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 1.4x II, 70-300L, 100-400L | E-mount: SY12mm f/2, Ʃ19mm & 30mm f/2.8 EX DN, 16-50 & 55-210 OSS | 2x FT-QL, AE-1P, FD(n) & FL primes

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2013, 01:42:20 PM »
Features:
0 Buffer lag!
Share as you go!

Have you seen anyone take pictures with an iPad? it's really stupid. Especially if you consider that in Dutch we call someone who is oblivious to things/concepts/ideas/knowledge that should be obvious, as having a "bord voor zijn kop" which translates to: " having a plate in front of their head". That iPad is some plate in front of one's head!

Oh, and at events it's plain anti-social because anyone standing behind the person who is taking pictures overhead with their iPad won't be able to see a thing.
I was being sarcastic.....

But that said, yes, I have seen people taking pictures with an ipad..... I do it a lot at work.... I do it at home for Facebook pictures.... And I know a professional photographer who came along on a photo walk last year and shot with an ipad, her pictures were just as interesting to look at as anyone else's. it looked a bit silly, but the results spoke for themselves.

One of the reasons I intend to upgrade soon is to get a camera with wifi.... Take the camera, place near perch where birds stop before they visit the feeder, and remotely control it through the ipad. Upgrading is not always about the sensor, for some it is about features and capabilities.
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2013, 01:42:20 PM »

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2013, 01:50:15 PM »
Features:
0 Buffer lag!
Share as you go!

But that said, yes, I have seen people taking pictures with an ipad..... I do it a lot at work.... I do it at home for Facebook pictures.... And I know a professional photographer who came along on a photo walk last year and shot with an ipad, her pictures were just as interesting to look at as anyone else's. it looked a bit silly, but the results spoke for themselves.

One of the reasons I intend to upgrade soon is to get a camera with wifi.... Take the camera, place near perch where birds stop before they visit the feeder, and remotely control it through the ipad. Upgrading is not always about the sensor, for some it is about features and capabilities.

It's always good if you can make technology work for you, and I respect that. As for me, I recently got a company iPad, but I haven't used it much let alone felt the need to take any pictures with it...
5D3, 5D2, NEX-6 | SY14mm f/2.8, Ʃ20mm f/1.8, 24mm f/2.8, 35mm f/2, Ʃ35mm f/1.4A, 50mm f/1.8 I, Ʃ50mm f/1.4 EX, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 1.4x II, 70-300L, 100-400L | E-mount: SY12mm f/2, Ʃ19mm & 30mm f/2.8 EX DN, 16-50 & 55-210 OSS | 2x FT-QL, AE-1P, FD(n) & FL primes

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2013, 02:25:44 PM »
Features:
0 Buffer lag!
Share as you go!

It's always good if you can make technology work for you, and I respect that. As for me, I recently got a company iPad, but I haven't used it much let alone felt the need to take any pictures with it...
Have fun playing with it.... Personally, I am amazed at how well it works in good light and at how badly it works in poor light.... It is definitely a daylight or brightly lit room camera.... And forget about wide or long...

BTW, there are some interesting apps for it, including ones to stitch panoramas together as you shoot. Having the accelerometers and the live view of the stitching is interesting.... There are apps to act as intervalometers and for time lapse control of DSLR's, and even light meters (fairly crappy). You can also use it as an external mike if you go over to the dark side and shoot video :)
The best camera is the one in your hands

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »
Features:
0 Buffer lag!
Share as you go!

Have fun playing with it.... Personally, I am amazed at how well it works in good light and at how badly it works in poor light.... It is definitely a daylight or brightly lit room camera.... And forget about wide or long...

BTW, there are some interesting apps for it, including ones to stitch panoramas together as you shoot. Having the accelerometers and the live view of the stitching is interesting.... There are apps to act as intervalometers and for time lapse control of DSLR's, and even light meters (fairly crappy). You can also use it as an external mike if you go over to the dark side and shoot video :)

Don't worry, my name ain't Luke :)

jcns

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2013, 05:41:07 PM »
Hi there,

you upgrade cars, don't you?
you upgrade phones, don't you or are you using a jitterbug?

dave

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »
About iPads (didn't want a massive nest of quotes).

I tend to agree with Don. My fiancee is an illustrator and she loves her iPad. She can share work in progress photos instantly and then get back to work straight away. She is pretty handy with the editing apps and they are cheap as chips so it works so well for her. Furthermore because her photos basically live on a retina screen that gives her an extra boost of confidence inspiring awesomeness.

...as for when she pulls it out to take pictures in public - oh the shame!

JM Photography

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Real Estate Photography
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »
Signed in just to comment about the iPads :)

Watched a lady with her brand new iPad with the built in case taking a picture of a birthday cake.  She was holding primarily by the case, case released, iPad fell in cake.

I'm glad people photograph with iPad's.  It's very entertaining to watch!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »

dave

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »

Watched a lady with her brand new iPad with the built in case taking a picture of a birthday cake.  She was holding primarily by the case, case released, iPad fell in cake.

Did you pull a smartphone out and take a photo of the Cakepad? That sounds pretty funny.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2013, 09:58:20 PM »

I wonder if Apple has already trademarked iFrosting?
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2013, 09:58:20 PM »