December 20, 2014, 01:49:00 PM

Author Topic: Adobe site hacked  (Read 5864 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: Adobe site hacked
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 02:41:25 PM »
Web sites, iphones, everything connected to the internet can get hacked.  It is no surprise.  There are just too many possible ways to take control.  More and more, its happening via external tablets, notebooks, and the like that are brought into the workplace with a virus.  Then there are people who do it maliciously because they are unhappy with their boss.  If a system administrator does it, everything is potentially a loss.

That's why a question asking what are they going to do is meaningless.  First, they have to find out how the system was compromised, and then plug the leak.  There will be another in the future.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:43:23 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 02:41:25 PM »

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »
Thanks for the link! Great start for their "cloud" business model ;D

Yep...yet another good reason NOT to go with creative cloud.

They don't have a copy of my credit card number for the CS6 Production Suite I bought....

And it isn't like Adobe to now, has been the maven for computer security in the past, with the Flash bugs, etc...so, why would you trust them with your credit card info.

C
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:33:34 PM by cayenne »

ONeill

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 07:56:25 PM »
Bugger. And I just signed up yesterday. And I've just got the email. Wouldn't you have thought...

meli

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 08:27:18 AM »
 It appears that the breach of Adobe’s data occurred in early August of this year but it is possible that the breach was ongoing earlier.

http://gigaom.com/2013/10/04/adobe-source-code-breech-its-bad-real-bad/

Given that the source code is out, it might be a really good idea to stop using adobe's pdf reader.

The irony is that someone using pirated photoshop is actually safer than someone on the cloud.

GMCPhotographics

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • GMCPhotographics
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 04:16:08 AM »
It appears that the breach of Adobe’s data occurred in early August of this year but it is possible that the breach was ongoing earlier.

http://gigaom.com/2013/10/04/adobe-source-code-breech-its-bad-real-bad/

Given that the source code is out, it might be a really good idea to stop using adobe's pdf reader.

The irony is that someone using pirated photoshop is actually safer than someone on the cloud.

I know a lot of pros who buy legit copies to cover their license and then source cracked copies to use...
I keep my LR up to date, but I'm quite happy with Photoshop CS4. I don't see the pressure or need to update just because it's new or shiny. There aren't many new features in the new versions, but Adobe keep locking pople into their RAW converter by releasing profiles for the newer cameras only. I don't see any technical reason why Adobe wouldn't support a 5DIII or 1Dx for CS4? It's purely a marketing decision and actually quite synical...it's no wonder many photographers don't trust Adobe!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 04:16:08 AM »