September 17, 2014, 11:51:48 AM

Author Topic: 5D mklll (USA) for $2575 via Big Value  (Read 3124 times)

brad-man

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
5D mklll (USA) for $2575 via Big Value
« on: October 12, 2013, 06:30:44 AM »
If I needed this rather than just wanted it, I would jump on this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-DSLR-Camera-Body-Only-/360763122461

canon rumors FORUM

5D mklll (USA) for $2575 via Big Value
« on: October 12, 2013, 06:30:44 AM »

Roo

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: 5D mklll (USA) for $2575 via Big Value
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 08:14:18 AM »
The price is great but the shipping to Australia is a killer - us$5000 lol
5Diii, 60D, Canon 24-105L, Canon 70-200 2.8L is II, Samyang 14 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 vcd, Tamron 90 macro, Tamron 150-600

svrchi

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »
sorry for this question, but i can really use some help.
if i buy from Big inc is the Us warranty still applicable although I'm not buying from an authorized dealer?

bleephotography

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 01:28:15 PM »
sorry for this question, but i can really use some help.
if i buy from Big inc is the Us warranty still applicable although I'm not buying from an authorized dealer?

Yes and no. Technically speaking, no - it is, however, possible if Canon approves it, so you would have to contact them. It's at their discretion, but apparently many people have had success in acquiring coverage, despite not being from an authorized dealer or receiving an official warranty card.
70D  |  40 STM  |  18-135 STM  |  55-250 STM  |  320EX  |  PCB Einstein

svrchi

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »

[/quote]

Yes and no. Technically speaking, no - it is, however, possible if Canon approves it, so you would have to contact them. It's at their discretion, but apparently many people have had success in acquiring coverage, despite not being from an authorized dealer or receiving an official warranty card.
[/quote]

alright, i'll give it a shot.
Thank you!!!

nashuavideotours

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »
These guys are LIARS.  Ordered this camera, shipped quickly, and then I was told that I MUST be home to sign for the delivery… and they do not deliver on Saturday of course.  For years, I have NO problem picking up my deliveries at UPS.  I show up with a Driver's License and it's all set.

They put all kinds of restrictions on the delivery… could not have it delivered to a neighbor's house.  Could not have it held at UPS for pickup.  I HAVE to be home and sign personally.

Of course, I actually WORK for a living, so sitting around my house all day waiting for UPS is NOT an option.  UPS said that due to the restrictions, that was really my only option.  It was dictated by the seller, not UPS.

I called these guys and they said they did that for "my protection"… which I understand… to a  point.  However, at least if I pickup at UPS I need a Driver's License, something I would NOT need if delivered to my house.  Their response was "that someone could make a copy of my license and put their photo on it to defraud me"..    Huh?  That's just absurd.

They then told me this was not their restriction, it was a restriction imposed by eBay and PayPal.  Of course, I made a phone call to eBay and was told this absolutely was NOT their restriction, and they have no problem with me picking up at the UPS office, which of course I knew since I do it all the time.

In the end, after 3 attempts, it just went back to the seller.  But these restrictions are ridiculous - how the hell do they expect to do business like that?  Most people WORK. 

But bottom line…. THEY OUTRIGHT LIED TO ME.  For which I will NEVER do business again.  I see a lot of comments about this being gray market goods, and that would not surprise me either.  I would stay away from them...

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 12:03:59 PM »
I bought a MK3 from BVI. Took two weeks to arrive but was perfect. I would do it again.  8)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 12:03:59 PM »

Random Orbits

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
I bought a MK3 from BVI. Took two weeks to arrive but was perfect. I would do it again.  8)

+1.  I had the same experience.

Radiating

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »
These guys are LIARS.  Ordered this camera, shipped quickly, and then I was told that I MUST be home to sign for the delivery… and they do not deliver on Saturday of course.  For years, I have NO problem picking up my deliveries at UPS.  I show up with a Driver's License and it's all set.

They put all kinds of restrictions on the delivery… could not have it delivered to a neighbor's house.  Could not have it held at UPS for pickup.  I HAVE to be home and sign personally.

Of course, I actually WORK for a living, so sitting around my house all day waiting for UPS is NOT an option.  UPS said that due to the restrictions, that was really my only option.  It was dictated by the seller, not UPS.

I called these guys and they said they did that for "my protection"… which I understand… to a  point.  However, at least if I pickup at UPS I need a Driver's License, something I would NOT need if delivered to my house.  Their response was "that someone could make a copy of my license and put their photo on it to defraud me"..    Huh?  That's just absurd.

They then told me this was not their restriction, it was a restriction imposed by eBay and PayPal.  Of course, I made a phone call to eBay and was told this absolutely was NOT their restriction, and they have no problem with me picking up at the UPS office, which of course I knew since I do it all the time.

In the end, after 3 attempts, it just went back to the seller.  But these restrictions are ridiculous - how the hell do they expect to do business like that?  Most people WORK. 

But bottom line…. THEY OUTRIGHT LIED TO ME.  For which I will NEVER do business again.  I see a lot of comments about this being gray market goods, and that would not surprise me either.  I would stay away from them...

They didn't "Lie" to you, they were missinformed and have annoying policies. These guys are selling cameras for 12% off, and saving you hundreds of dollars. I think you can put up with a little annoyance.

Methodical

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 09:58:53 AM »

Adorama has the same restrictive shipping policy; must be signed by a resident and no will call pick.  After 3 attempts, it goes back to Adorama.  It happened to me because I was not aware of their shipping policy, so I now use my brother's work address. It's a fraud protection for both parties, but mostly Adorama.  I can't blame them though with so much crookedness in the world.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 10:05:03 AM by Methodical »

sagittariansrock

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 12:00:10 PM »

Adorama has the same restrictive shipping policy; must be signed by a resident and no will call pick.  After 3 attempts, it goes back to Adorama.  It happened to me because I was not aware of their shipping policy, so I now use my brother's work address. It's a fraud protection for both parties, but mostly Adorama.  I can't blame them though with so much crookedness in the world.

+1.
KEH also has the same policy. It is extremely frustrating but it primarily covers liability for the seller. Why, even you might pick it up at UPS and then claim someone else picked it up and ask for refund (not you, but there are people who do that, you know what I mean).
I wasted a whole workday to receive my Arca-Swiss bullhead recently.
EOS 5DIII, EOS 5D | Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, TS-E 17mm f/4L, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 135mm f/2L USM, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM, 1.4x III, 2x III | 600-EX-RT x3 | EOS M + EF-M 22mm f/2

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 02:56:22 PM »
Add Amazon to that list.  Back when I first bought my 60D, they randomly slapped a signature requirement on it. What the Heck?

Did I have to sign for the same-priced bathtub I ordered? No.  How about the pricey lens I bought? Nope.

These places all get weird and random once and a while.

Anyone know what the CLP price is on the refurbed mark 3 now?
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

danski0224

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Some of my Work in Progress
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »

As noted by others, it protects the seller from fraud and theft.

Some high value items need to be picked up or shipped at the actual UPS distribution center -or- handed to a UPS driver. The "UPS Store" isn't good enough. The assumption is the UPS depot employees are employed by UPS and the UPS Store employees are not- another layer of fraud protection.
Some of my Work in Progress..... www.dftimages.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »

JPAZ

• 6D
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 04:08:40 PM »
Same delivery "restrictions" with Buydig.  No big deal because I went online and changed the delivery address to my office. The 70-2-- ii arrived safe and sound.
5d Mkiii; Eos-M; too many lenses; 430 EXii and a whole lot of stuff

sagittariansrock

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 06:52:22 PM »
Anyone know what the CLP price is on the refurbed mark 3 now?

$ 2447. 10% off.
EOS 5DIII, EOS 5D | Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, TS-E 17mm f/4L, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 135mm f/2L USM, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM, 1.4x III, 2x III | 600-EX-RT x3 | EOS M + EF-M 22mm f/2

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 06:52:22 PM »