I can understand the M hate.
That said, I LOVE mine. Its a great purchase, primarily for its 22/f2 that has no full frame equivalent. No adapter (thought about it). A 55-250 on this thing would kill. On several occasions i carry it alongside a g12, fitting perfectly with space to spare inside a lowepro dslr shoulder bag.
Sensor wise- its a strange beast. Great color range, but lacking in pixel level sharpness compared to my t2i. Almost 7d-like noise levels at anything after iso 100. Night shots are fantastic (well, so is on my g12). Ive been shooting long exposure iso 100 shots at night this past week, and the results are just awesome.
On the cons side
• Ive had a beeyach of a time creating baseline LR recipes for several shot types. The files colors and DR are just very weird to me, especially for daytime shots.
• No IS on the prime means a LOT of oof shots. That's a damn shame
• Action? Forgedduboutit.
• Screen is easily scratched- weird- not one of my regular dslrs ever managed to get a scratched screen. Must be a cheaper coating.
• Handling is goofy. Feels fragile. Hard to not put fingers on the lens front/filter.
• Needs another knob or two.
Eventually i will get the adapter, but for now the 22mm is gold, imho.