September 19, 2014, 01:52:20 PM

Author Topic: I hate to say you told me so, but...  (Read 4816 times)

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
Re: I hate to say you told me so, but...
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 10:13:52 PM »
I think canon have became quite complacent.

Unfortunately, totally agree, absolutely.

The chap earlier that rambled about Canon being Non Profit, non etc etc, is deluded, Canon is and has been for many years, a Multi Billion Dollar Company, having owned my own Business I know exactly what drives Companies, Profits, Profits first, profits always, anything else, quality, design etc etc, is secondary, important of course (and ignoring these areas tends to have a negative impact on, Profits), but all are secondary to Profits.

Innovation is what Companies generally need to stay on top of in order to continue generate Profits (Apple being the perfect example I believe), without Profitable Companies and Innovation we would all be still using Box Brownies, and likely quite Happy, Companies don't bother with innovation if it doesn't generate more profits, more market share, the Car Manufacturing Industry is an example where Companies fold because there is little room left within the Market for innovation, everyone is making the same piece of crap for the same Market, less room for the smaller companies.

Canon has I feel let the innovation department slip, 1Dx is a lovely Camera, for me no question, 5DMK III is Ok nothing special, does the job, the M is somewhat ill designed and lacks in most areas, unfortunately I own one so this is disappointing, but I've learnt to live with that (My Apologies up front Paul for throwing dispersions on your Once Loved), Canon missed the Boat on the D800, I feel this Camera took Canon as much by surprise as did the 5DMK II for Nikon.

The Sony a7r took most everyone by surprise, yet to see if it's going to live up to the Hype, but I hope it does at least mostly, if for no other reason than it will push Canon, Nikon etc etc to innovate, otherwise Sony will eat into those Profits that large, and small, companies bow down to, allowing us, the Consumer, access over the years to better and better products, don't much care from which company, but as I've a large investment in Canon, I hope Canon lifts their game going forward, I don't really see that at the moment though.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

canon rumors FORUM

Re: I hate to say you told me so, but...
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 10:13:52 PM »