April 17, 2014, 02:46:45 AM

Author Topic: 6D video for sports  (Read 2941 times)

candc

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: 6D video for sports
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »
I go to college in Philadelphia but from Florida actually. But wow thanks for the offer!  ;D

The 6D has arrived in FL but it would be a little over a week before I'll actually get to touch it! As I've never explored video before, definitely am interested.

As for my username, I was first introduced to football in high school by a die-hard Saints fan and one of the first games I watched was a Packers game. I was supposed to be rooting for them because it would somehow help the Saints move up. Anyways then came that fateful Super Bowl day. my friend wanted me to root for the Steelers but I refused. We even bet on it! and you know how the story ends.  ;D

Doesn't matter why you wear the crown of cheese,
Green blood in the Florida sun will never freeze

I am sure you will like your 6d, its really good at high iso  and you have a 70-200ii that lens shines on a full frame body

All of the serious videographers seem to manual focus? Maybe you can try magic lantern which I understand has focus peaking that gives you a clear look at where your focus is.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:56:47 PM by candc »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »

thgmuffin

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 04:16:00 AM »
6D user here!

ML with focus peaking is a big help, however there are audio recording problems.

Also, since the 6D doesn't have the AA filter there is tons of moire. Honestly, it makes a lot of footage look like crap  :-\

Marsu42

• 1D X
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 10:28:19 AM »
Also, since the 6D doesn't have the AA filter there is tons of moire. Honestly, it makes a lot of footage look like crap  :-\

Unfortunately, you're wrong - the 6d does have an aa filter that also makes still shots softer, the moire is the result that downscaling to hd resolution cannot use "pixel binning" like on the 22mp 5d3 but needs to interpolate some of the 20mp lines - and the 6d is very bad at doing this.

thgmuffin

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 06:48:11 PM »

Unfortunately, you're wrong - the 6d does have an aa filter that also makes still shots softer, the moire is the result that downscaling to hd resolution cannot use "pixel binning" like on the 22mp 5d3 but needs to interpolate some of the 20mp lines - and the 6d is very bad at doing this.

I thought the 6D did not have the AA filter?  ???

Can you send me a link/article?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 06:48:11 PM »