April 21, 2014, 08:51:59 AM

Author Topic: A New Rebel for CP+? [CR1]  (Read 4758 times)

RGomezPhotos

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Ricardo Gomez Photography
Re: A New Rebel for CP+? [CR1]
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 03:59:20 PM »
yeah... the rebels are usually announced around february-march

t2i - February 8, 2010 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_550D
t3i - February 7, 2011 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_600D
t4i - late cause of the tsunami
t5i - March 21, 2013 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_700D
t1i - March 25, 2009

Exactly. It's no mystery when Canon releases their annual Rebel. Nikon just released their 5300 as well. I'm sure we'll see a matchup in March in one of many magazines/blogs.
EOS 5D MKII & 50D, Zeiss 50mm f1.4
www.ricardogomezphotography.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 03:59:20 PM »

xps

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 04:26:54 PM »
... Why the hell 7D mark ii should have more megapixel than 1Dx? :o

Maybe, ´cause most other equal cameras have more than 20MP....?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:30:31 PM by xps »

xps

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 04:32:27 PM »
Meh.  :-\

But its ok if its a full frame rebel.  ;D

a full frame rebel? Yessss, Sir! A 6DII would be great....
More AF points and a a little bit faster AF-performance would be great!

Ricku

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 04:36:22 PM »

I was thinking more like a 'response' to the Sony A7R.

High resolution, loads of dynamic range, all stuffed into a small and affordable package.. Maybe same size as the Rebel SL1.

But we can forget that . ;D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:40:26 PM by Ricku »

dufflover

• Canon AE-1
  • OH YEAH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 04:39:16 PM »
A dual pixel AF Rebel seems the most obvious next step and quite normal in that whole trickle down thing.
Hurry up Canon and do something with your sensors! :P

xps

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 04:46:30 PM »

I was thinking more like a 'response' to the Sony A7R.

High resolution, loads of dynamic range, all stuffed into a small and affordable package.. Maybe same size as the Rebel SL1.

But we can forget that . ;D

Mr. Ricku, I would order the Alpha 7B in the next minute, if there would exist more lenses.
The 7B and the 7R were the first Cams, where an "wow"-effect came over my lips for an long time (did not use an 1dx ever) . Using them on an workshop just with the standard kit-lens, produced shots that were marvellous.

HurtinMinorKey

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • carolineculler.com
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »
I wonder if it will have that new and exciting 18 megapixel sensor they have been developing to be used exclusively in their rebel line.  ;D :'(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »

pj1974

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • A selection of my photos (copyright)
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 04:56:08 PM »

There already is a full frame rebel... it's the Canon 6D!

But, reading between the lines, this rumour (if accurate) could be referring to a  6DmkII ;)

Regarding new cameras, I am not interested in an APS-C Rebel, and at this stage, not a 6D / 6DmkII either... I prefer a 7DmkII (or a 5DmkIV... but the 5DmkIII is already so good!)

PJ  :)

I'm not a brand-fanatic. What I do appreciate is using my 7D and 350D cameras along with a host of lenses & many accessories to capture quality photos, and share with friends.

Don Haines

• 1D X
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 05:00:31 PM »

I believe it's called the 6D :)
The best camera is the one in your hands

Lurker

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 05:11:04 PM »
That's easy -- the Rebel Yell!!

Billy!?  That you?

Morlin

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 05:49:13 PM »
Or they will really make us happy releasing something as fantastic as the old 7D in another color and have the biggest release party for it!? =)

Maybe I´m being a bit hard on Canon but I am not having the best of thoughts about them now. Ok I know that the 1D X is an amazing camera in many ways. My 5D mkiii is also a great camera but I think Canon will stay behind for a long time.

Few things I don´t like that Canon missed out on to show some examples:

Why release a top model as the 1d X without the possibility to use extenders up to f/8. I know about the update later for 1d X and 5d mkiii but to not have it from start with that line up of extenders and telephoto lenses? I really thought that was embarrassing actually for two that expensive models.

Why only have a flash sync of 1/200 on the 5d mkiii when some competitors that are even less expensive have 1/250 sek?

Why price the 5D mkiii so extremely high when released? Ok I know it was a long time ago but I truly did not understand how it could be soo much more expensive than the D800 when released.

"Minor" sensor upgrade on the 5D mkiii.

Why price the 1D X pretty much higher than Nikon did with theirs D4?

Why not an inbuilt function to be able to darken the viewfinder instead of having to use the rubber thing that is attached on the strap on top of the viewfinder when using longer shutter speeds? On Nikon you just press a button to darken the viewfinder on the D800. Would not been a problem if I used the original strap but I don´t.

Why not being able to set other shutter speeds longer than 30 sec? Instead you need to use separate gear as a "remote control". Ok they are not expensive but still needs space in your camera bag.

Why are Canons super telephoto lenses so extremely expensive? Ok I know that they are top of the line of all brands but that much? Nikons 300, 500 and 600 is really not that bad either but not near the price of Canons.

WHY sell lenses without the lens hood included as in some cases? How expensive can that one be?

There are a few technical features that I miss and there are price issues and other small things that bothers me. I know many more examples and some of these mentioned are old examples as you can see so maybe I´m wrong to complain now but I still have the same feeling that Canon is not putting in a lot of effort.

Just a small typical example of how Canon works even if this is a really old one: They released the 7D and told us how solid it was and how weather sealed it was. But to not have the battery grip weather sealed? I think that is a good example of my feelings. A pretty good thing but it did not go all the way for some reason. Even if the battery grip is not the body itself I use it as an example of my thoughts of how Canon letting themselves missing out on sometimes minor but still unnecessary "mistakes". And why did they not give the 7D two card slots?

I really hope that 70D is a sign of me being wrong with my thoughts. New tech, pretty good pricing and so on. But I actually think that many of us will be disappointed on the 7D mkii if it ever will come. 

I don´t mention examples of advanced features but I do think that we very soon will see wifi for an example in a Nikon pro body while Canon still think it´s unnecessary but still price the Canon body higher even if it lacks some of the latest techs. Ok I know techs and features is not everything but then you should not price the camera higher either.

I´m absolutely no troll and I´m actually saving for a Canon 600mm which is proof enough that I will stay with Canon but that is most of all because I like the grip much better than Nikons and I have too much Canon gear to afford changing brand. But I must say it´s tempting because I will get the 600mm and maybe later also the 300mm 2,8. For the same money as for those two lenses here in Sweden I could have the Nikon 600mm, 300mm and a D4 body brand new.   

9VIII

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 05:59:58 PM »
A dual pixel AF Rebel seems the most obvious next step and quite normal in that whole trickle down thing.

This seems like the most obvious step, and would represent the biggest improvement to the line since the T2i/T3i. It would be tempting to get one, but I'm betting the camera range will be getting a big shake up over the next few years. Trickle down for 20MP (ish) sensors was: 1DsMkIII, 5DmkII, and then the 7D, then the T2i/60D, with the first two steps being roughly a year apart.
So the next round should be 1Dxs in 2014, 5DMkIV in 2015, and then something in the APS-C range with the same resolution in 2016.
I'm guessing the 7DMkII will be the "1Dx" equivalent in the APS-C line with other models getting a resolution increase long before a 7DMkIII is ever conceived. By 2020 computers should be fast enough for sports photographers to be willing to work with more resolution (and maybe the introduction of 8K displays will help push cameras further, our 20MP pictures today will look like crap 10 years from now, heck even on my 4MP display many 5DMkII pictures start showing their weaknesses).
The big question for me will be between the 1Dxs and 5DMkIV, I really like the large style body, but the extra $3K-$4K would go a long way toward a big white (800f5.6MkII can't come soon enough).
-100% RAW-

slclick

• 7D
  • I've got a sharp artifact for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 06:11:48 PM »
T6i Rebel with wifi and fB upload. The 18-55 IS STM lV, with an improved engineering plastic mount and center pinch cap.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 06:11:48 PM »

Sanaraken

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »
Hopefully its a FF EOS M with  a fixed 35mm f2.0 lens.
5DIII | 24-70L f2.8 II | 70-200L f2.8 IS II | 40 f2.8 | 100L f2.8 | 600EX-RT

East Wind Photography

• 6D
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »
Yeah I'll take full responsibility.  Went all in on an Eos-m for my collection.  So no doubt in my mind it will be the Eos-m2 that is announced.  Sorry to disappoint all of the 7dii hopefulls.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »