September 03, 2014, 03:15:28 AM

Author Topic: rubber head for a tripod?  (Read 416 times)

luckydude

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
rubber head for a tripod?
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:52 PM »
I've got rubber gizmo - about an inch wide cylinder with scooped in sides like a woman's tshirt, maybe 1.5 inches tall, female threaded on the bottom, male on the top.  It's best used on a monopod where you have to lean to the side but you want the camera to be horizontal.  I use mine when shooting hockey with a monopod and the 200mm f2.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about and if they can still be bought.  I love the one I have but I'd love to find one that was stiffer for bigger lenses (like the 600mm).  I like to sling the camera and the lens over my shoulder on a monopod which works great without the rubber thing, flops around with it.  So a stiffer one would be better (hmm, I bet my wife thinks that too :)

canon rumors FORUM

rubber head for a tripod?
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:52 PM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
Re: rubber head for a tripod?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 11:42:01 PM »
Yep, it is the Manfrotto 235C Flex Head. Don't know of a bigger one but I wouldn't trust a big lens on it anyway.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

luckydude

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 01:10:58 AM »
Yep, that is it!  Thanks so much.  So nobody makes a stiffer one?

luckydude

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 09:35:51 AM »
Actually now that I'm looking it seems like this is out of production, I can't find it.  Seems a shame, I love the one I have, works great.  Still looking, if I find one I'll post a link.

Jim Saunders

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 10:49:24 PM »
Vibration dampers are similar enough to that device that you might be able to find something usable.  McMaster-Carr has a very, very interesting website; you've been warned ;-)

Jim
I'd probably do better to invest more time and less money.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 10:49:24 PM »