October 24, 2014, 06:43:24 AM

Author Topic: Adobe Lightroom Mobile Version Official  (Read 7653 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Adobe Lightroom Mobile Version Official
« on: April 08, 2014, 05:41:54 AM »
Adobe has officially announced the long expected Adobe Lightroom mobile version for iPad.

Features

• Sync mobile edits, metadata and collection changes back to the Lightroom catalog on a Mac or Windows computer.
  • Automatically import images captured on an iPad and sync back to a Lightroom catalog on the desktop.
  • Work on images, even when your iPad is offline, for a truly portable experience.
  • Sync photos between Lightroom 5 and Lightroom mobile; synced photos can also be viewed from any Web browser.

Lightroom for iPad is included in the Photoshop Photography Program that also includes Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC

Download Lightroom Mobile

Camera RAW 8.4 & Lightroom 5.4 were also released.

Source: [PR]

cr

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:08:50 PM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Adobe Lightroom Mobile Version Official
« on: April 08, 2014, 05:41:54 AM »

adhocphotographer

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
    • An ad hoc photographer
Re: Adobe Lightroom Mobile Version Official
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 06:31:18 AM »
Glad it is included in CC...  I will have a play with this for sure! :)
5D MkIII & 100D
17-40L, 24L II, 24-105L, 70-200L, 500L II
-------www.adhocphotographer.com--------

m

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 06:39:21 AM »
Not available as standalone app  :(

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 07:53:27 AM »
Broken for me. I added the app to my iPad and then upgraded to LR 5.4 on my PC and started to sync a few photos via Collections and I keep getting the message:

"Sync has been turned off. This appears to be a backup catalog which may be out of date with Lightroom mobile."
To make this your sync catalog, go to: Edit > Preferences > Lightroom Mobile and click the "Delete All Data" button to start fresh.

I have done this numerous times and am getting nowhere. A tad buggy out of the blocks, me thinks!

DFM

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Adobe Community Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 08:00:59 AM »
No, sorry. Lr Mobile is only available for customers with an active subscription (CC or the PS/Lr Photography Program). Perpetual licenses of Lightroom cannot sync with it.

Not available as standalone app  :(

AvTvM

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 08:04:59 AM »
No, sorry. Lr Mobile is only available for customers with an active subscription (CC or the PS/Lr Photography Program). Perpetual licenses of Lightroom cannot sync with it.

and why is that? We have paid for our perpetual LR licenses too,. FU arrogant Adobe!

And do take note: I will not rent your software or join an annual pay subscription model ... ever, no matter what you do. And if you push me and if no better software alternative becomes available, I will revert back to Canon DPP to process RAWs. 

Vivid Color

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 08:11:02 AM »
I think it is a marketing mistake not to make Lightroom mobile as a stand alone app. It could've become their gateway product.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 08:11:02 AM »

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 08:15:14 AM »
Same argument in the past week with the release of Office for iPad - you need to step up and buy an Office365 license.

Weird. I reverted back to a backup catalog from last night and LR still seemed stuck trying to sync my original files. I deleted the mobile catalog again and synced some RAW files rather than the original TIF and PSD's which I had in existing collections.

Got it working  - will try it out and see how it goes. They will definitely need to fix the DB sync issue I was experiencing as something is gummed up in the sync process for sure.

mustafa

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 09:24:23 AM »
Let's hope this kicks loose a cross-device Aperture mega-application.  Apple has all the tools, and huge advantages with iOS7/OS X integration and a massive iPad population.  All it needs is some assertiveness, and possibly persuasion from its customer base - us!

jeffa4444

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 09:34:10 AM »
I have Lightroom 5 I dont have or want CC or PS/Lr subscription. Adobe forced its customers to accept a monthly subscription for CC and now is trying to do the same with Lr by making the mobile version subscription only.

As Im completely Apple I will in future move to Aperture it already works on iPad and Im not forced into a monthly subscription unlike my daughter who uses CC. professionally.

Canon 6d, 7d & 550d with EF-S and EF-L glass

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zeeography (flickr)
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 09:52:42 AM »
I see. It's like that is it? Good news for Creative Cloud subscribers but all the other poor fools are screwed.

Question - if I give in to CC and pay the monthly subscription and later down the line I say "nah, I wanna go back to LR4" could I do that? Not sure how it works.
5D II | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14 2.8 | Sigma 50 1.4

EOS M | 11-22 IS STM | 22 STM | FD 50 1.4

yorgasor

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 09:59:59 AM »
It says this will import photos taken with the iPad... but it would be more useful to sync photos from my 5D3 to my ipad, do touch ups in the field with the iPad and then sync with my computer when I get home.  Is that a possible use case?  I assume I'd need to buy some accessory to transfer files that way since there's no SD or CF slot on the iPad.  I'll have to do some more investigation with this as it seems like a cool workflow option.

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 10:13:05 AM »
It says this will import photos taken with the iPad... but it would be more useful to sync photos from my 5D3 to my ipad, do touch ups in the field with the iPad and then sync with my computer when I get home.  Is that a possible use case?  I assume I'd need to buy some accessory to transfer files that way since there's no SD or CF slot on the iPad.  I'll have to do some more investigation with this as it seems like a cool workflow option.

You can buy the Photo Import dongle for iPad, careful with third party knockpoffs - not all of them work. You import photos into your filmroll and then they are on the iPad - I don't know if you can import them into LR on iPad though. I have not yet encountered an import feature - it appears to sync with MAC/PC Collections instead. I have also not found a selection method beyond Pick/Unflag.

The workflow you describe would be awesome. Shoot, upload to iPad, quick selections/edits and then upload to mothership but I don't think the mobile version is there yet.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 10:13:05 AM »

bitm2007

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 10:41:32 AM »
and why is that? We have paid for our perpetual LR licenses too,. FU arrogant Adobe!

It's the clearest indication yet that the full version of Lightroom will be subscription only in the future.

Lee Jay

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »

It's the clearest indication yet that the full version of Lightroom will be subscription only in the future.

No, it isn't.  One has nothing to do with the other.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »