December 22, 2014, 06:32:25 AM

Author Topic: Pentax 645z  (Read 2497 times)

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Pentax 645z
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 08:30:50 AM »
This would have been a shut up and take my money moment until I saw that sync speed. :P

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 08:30:50 AM »

Halfrack

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 11:25:51 PM »
This would have been a shut up and take my money moment until I saw that sync speed. :P
Why?  Light it with HMI's or LED's and roll with it.  Yes, it sucks that it doesn't support a leaf shutter, but with lighting options currently out there, we can make it work.  There are a few leaf shutter options on the Pentax 67, I wonder if they'll work with the 67 adapter :)

Personally, I'm excited to play with one.  I'm even considering it an addition to what I currently shoot, a H4D-50.  Things like shutter speeds faster than 1/800th, and ISO's going through the roof.
"Me owning a lens shop is kind of like having an alcoholic bar tender." - Roger Cicala

Lawliet

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 02:00:04 AM »
Why?  Light it with HMI's or LED's and roll with it. 

For HMI - That Arrimax isn't exactly portable, esp. not if you figure in its power supply. Or cheap, they cost much more then the leaf shutter capable alternatives. And thats if you need just one.
And LED? How exactly do you want to put ~200klx on your subject with those? Preferable from a reasonable distance. A superdino suddenly seems tame, and the few dollars for the LS turn out to be a bargain.

mackguyver

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 03:04:29 PM »
Why?  Light it with HMI's or LED's and roll with it. 

For HMI - That Arrimax isn't exactly portable, esp. not if you figure in its power supply. Or cheap, they cost much more then the leaf shutter capable alternatives. And thats if you need just one.
And LED? How exactly do you want to put ~200klx on your subject with those? Preferable from a reasonable distance. A superdino suddenly seems tame, and the few dollars for the LS turn out to be a bargain.
A superdino? I've never seen one before but that looks awesome!  And yes, LEDs aren't quite there yet in terms of overpowering the sun.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 03:04:29 PM »