October 23, 2014, 08:47:12 AM

Author Topic: Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2559  (Read 5072 times)

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2559
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 07:02:46 AM »
Sometimes it just isn't worth the crazy hassle of saving a few bucks!!! SMH!!!  :-X

840 is off 3399 is more than just a few bucks...  The warranty is only good for a year, and you can get 3rd party insurance coverage for much less than 840.  Plus 6ave is offering its own warranty to cover the year, so much much risk is there?
Random... I just don't trust them...I bought my 5D Mark III from Best Buy here in CT 4/7/2014... I chatted with the manager and she was able knock $300 off the price. It wasn't the $800 off as they are offering here. Everything that glitters isn't gold either...  I looked through the feedback on some of these ebay stores and saw that some of the buyers of these large dollar purchases (5D Mark III & 1 DX) had to deal with high upsale pressure on the extended warranty and other crap. Some had to go through ebay to get their refund some didn't get the camera until weeks later also some ended up with used items. Hey it's your money... I'd love to save a buck too  :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) I just choose to deal with a reputable seller that's all but in the end I wish those who choose to buy here good luck.  Just in Canon now offering a $200 off on a mail in rebate for this body....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:24:58 AM by ewg963 »
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-105mm 70-200mm 2.8 Non IS, 100-400mm 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580EX II, 600EX-RT

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 07:02:46 AM »

gnl.weirdness

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2559
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 07:05:36 PM »
I took the bait and snagged one, it will arrive tomorrow, so basically ridiculously fast shipping. I had also read the reviews, ebay's got you covered for anyone that is skeptical about a seller like this.

You can get your money back, shipping included, extremely easily if you follow the procedures ebay lays out.

It's def one of those "to good to be true", but in the slight chance it is an actual brand new gray market 5dmkiii for that price? I will take it happily.

If it's reboxed, or anything off, it will just go back and ebay will be notified right away.

I will update my post here with the info for anyone who cares, fingers crossed.

Cheers

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 10:57:32 PM »
I took the bait and snagged one, it will arrive tomorrow, so basically ridiculously fast shipping. I had also read the reviews, ebay's got you covered for anyone that is skeptical about a seller like this.

You can get your money back, shipping included, extremely easily if you follow the procedures ebay lays out.

It's def one of those "to good to be true", but in the slight chance it is an actual brand new gray market 5dmkiii for that price? I will take it happily.

If it's reboxed, or anything off, it will just go back and ebay will be notified right away.

I will update my post here with the info for anyone who cares, fingers crossed.

Cheers
gni.... I wish you well. I'll be looking for the 1DX soon. I saw some @ 5600 and that's a great deal.....
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-105mm 70-200mm 2.8 Non IS, 100-400mm 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580EX II, 600EX-RT

Random Orbits

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 06:50:22 AM »
Random... I just don't trust them...I bought my 5D Mark III from Best Buy here in CT 4/7/2014... I chatted with the manager and she was able knock $300 off the price. It wasn't the $800 off as they are offering here. Everything that glitters isn't gold either...  I looked through the feedback on some of these ebay stores and saw that some of the buyers of these large dollar purchases (5D Mark III & 1 DX) had to deal with high upsale pressure on the extended warranty and other crap. Some had to go through ebay to get their refund some didn't get the camera until weeks later also some ended up with used items. Hey it's your money... I'd love to save a buck too  :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) I just choose to deal with a reputable seller that's all but in the end I wish those who choose to buy here good luck.  Just in Canon now offering a $200 off on a mail in rebate for this body....

To each his own.  I used a similar deal about 1.5 years ago to get the 5D III for 2500 for a brand new unit with the kit lens removed (which I knew was going to happen).

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 09:03:47 AM »

To each his own.  I used a similar deal about 1.5 years ago to get the 5D III for 2500 for a brand new unit with the kit lens removed (which I knew was going to happen).
Hello Random I may look that way for the 1DX I really like the 5D Mark III but I truly love the DX

Random Orbits

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »

Hello Random I may look that way for the 1DX I really like the 5D Mark III but I truly love the DX

LOL, I'm afraid to try the 1DX -- I might like it too much and I really can't afford it!

gnl.weirdness

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 10:24:59 AM »

LOL, I'm afraid to try the 1DX -- I might like it too much and I really can't afford it!

seriously...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 10:24:59 AM »

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 12:19:51 PM »

LOL You will. I kicked the tires on the DX @ B&H Photo and what a machine it was!!!

gnl.weirdness

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »
welp just received and unboxed it. it looks like it was def not packaged completely, like someone let it slip out of the warehouse before the final packing steps. Def gray market (no warranty card).

It is def a brand new 5dmkiii though, with all the accessories.

Charging the battery now and will be testing the pants off it to make sure it's properly functional. Will update here when done, will test across my entire lens range as well.

Pretty stoked so far.

*edit* No manual either, but I don't really need that wouldn't be buying such a camera if I didn't know what I was getting into hah. But still provides to the "gray marketness" of this overall. Wish the battery would charge faster :: ) What a beast compared to the t2i it's sitting next to right now lol.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:49:30 PM by gnl.weirdness »

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
Heh. What a rip of Canon Direct is. 

Cancelled my order, no notification.  When I asked why, they said "payment failed", couldn't tell me why, and now it's OOS.

Amazing; Mabury RFD over there.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

ewg963

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 05:01:42 PM »
welp just received and unboxed it. it looks like it was def not packaged completely, like someone let it slip out of the warehouse before the final packing steps. Def gray market (no warranty card).

It is def a brand new 5dmkiii though, with all the accessories.

Charging the battery now and will be testing the pants off it to make sure it's properly functional. Will update here when done, will test across my entire lens range as well.

Pretty stoked so far.

*edit* No manual either, but I don't really need that wouldn't be buying such a camera if I didn't know what I was getting into hah. But still provides to the "gray marketness" of this overall. Wish the battery would charge faster :: ) What a beast compared to the t2i it's sitting next to right now lol.
Well that's exciting... enjoy!!! I haven't picked up 5D Mark II since the III arrived!!! :) ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:04:54 PM by ewg963 »

edwyun

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 01:38:04 AM »
Cancelled my order, no notification.  When I asked why, they said "payment failed", couldn't tell me why, and now it's OOS.

I had ordered from Canon Direct before and knew that something was up with my order for the 5DIII on Friday/Saturday because the order confirmation didn't come through by then.  I called Canon Direct and also received an email from them that many orders were screwed up and people who had not ordered products actually got confirmation emails incorrectly.  Dunno what exactly happened but here's the email:

"We would like to sincerely apologize for a miscommunication you may have received from Canon on Friday, April 25th thanking you for placing an order with us. The message was intended as confirmation for those who did place an order, and may have been inadvertently sent to you.

Please note that this action was due to an over inclusive selection of customers contacted. Appropriate efforts are being made to prevent a recurrence of this error.

We apologize again for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued support."

Dunno if that is true or if it affected your order but I made dang sure to call several times on Mon to check that my order was being filled/processed.  I did - finally - receive a tracking number so we shall see (knock on wood).

It's unfortunate about your cancelled order.  Is there any way Canon can give you a heads up or first in line on the next refurb deal?
5DIII: 14/2.8 (Samyang), 24-70/2.8L ii, 135/2L
T90: 24/2.8, 50/1.4 SSC, 50/1.4, 35-105/3.5, 135/2, 200/4 Macro, 300/4L

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 09:13:48 AM »

I had ordered from Canon Direct before and knew that something was up with my order for the 5DIII on Friday/Saturday because the order confirmation didn't come through by then.  I called Canon Direct and also received an email from them that many orders were screwed up and people who had not ordered products actually got confirmation emails incorrectly.  Dunno what exactly happened but here's the email:

"We would like to sincerely apologize for a miscommunication you may have received from Canon on Friday, April 25th thanking you for placing an order with us. The message was intended as confirmation for those who did place an order, and may have been inadvertently sent to you.

Please note that this action was due to an over inclusive selection of customers contacted. Appropriate efforts are being made to prevent a recurrence of this error.

We apologize again for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued support."

Dunno if that is true or if it affected your order but I made dang sure to call several times on Mon to check that my order was being filled/processed.  I did - finally - receive a tracking number so we shall see (knock on wood).

It's unfortunate about your cancelled order.  Is there any way Canon can give you a heads up or first in line on the next refurb deal?

No idea; I'm going to call Adorama and see if I can work something out since I have a lot of gear I need to offload. 

From what I gathered, CLP runs like a call center that manually inputs a discount into Canon Direct; I gathered this from the last conversation I had about what can and can't be done there.  Also, it took longer to set up the CLP order than it would if I were typing myself (and I could hear her typing the info in).

The e-mail you got is utter nonsense; there's a human link somewhere that there shouldn't be.  Something along the line of someone having to fill out a web-form in-house and click send. 

I'm guessing Canon doesn't keep any developers on-hand to fix problems like no-email on cancel or merging inventory and order systems; a lot of companies do that these days.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 09:13:48 AM »

CarlTN

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 08:57:29 PM »
If anyone wants to save money, they should wait for the holidays, or else wait for a "refurb sale" from Canon USA (and sign up for the updates on canonpricewatch...also consider camel x3 for amazon price updates).  Or you could consider buying used.

I have a feeling the 5D3, full USA model, will sell new at or under $2450, sometime in the holiday season.  And of course it will go well below that, if you factor in lens kit deals (it's already done that this past holiday season).  I wonder just how low it will go?  Also wonder if there will be a 5D4 development announcement sometime in 2015, or before?  Surely there will be a rumor of one in development, if not an announcement.  Of course whatever the next full frame body that gets announced (if it's not the 5D4 replacement), might factor in to the timeline of a replacement.

That is assuming that the refurb store doesn't sell out nearly immediately.  I've had my eye on a couple lenses, but they sell out even before it goes on sale.  I got my 5D3 more than 1.5 years ago for 2500.  I'd rather get one of these gray kits new with a store warranty than buying a used unit from an unknown source.  Who knows why the seller is selling it and if he's being 100% truthful.

The refurb store does not always sell out immediately.  If you don't like buying used, it's your choice.  I don't prefer it either, but I have (and not just photo equipment).  It's worked out fine about 98% of the time, for me.  I've also sold many things used.  Who knows what I've done with my stuff though, I might have used it to dig a ditch!  I mean, who even knows if you are being 100% truthful right now?  All we can do is take people at their word, when dealing with them.  If you choose not to, it might become difficult for you to deal with people, and vice versa.

Read what I wrote:  I didn't say it always sells out immediately.  Although if you'd like to help get me a 300L f/2.8 II IS at 20% the refurb price, then I'll gladly accept your help.

I buy used when the price is right and when it's available through the refurb store.  Two of the lenses I bought used were misrepresented, and that was from people with 100% ratings and dozens of transactions.  One had been knocked hard enough to have the filter threads replaced but had it repaired by Canon but did not disclose it ( I found the Canon repair report in the box).  Another had a faulty AF module.  So that is more than 20% of my lens transactions from supposed "good" sellers.  If I can find it new/refurbed for a price close to used, then I'm not buying used.  It is not an issue of me not taking people at their word but them misrepresenting something that they are contractually supposed to disclose as TOCs for using the sites.

Sorry for your luck, and I don't know how I could help you buy a 300 f/2.8 refurb.  If it means I get to use it for a few weeks before sending it off to you, I'll chip in $100.  How does that sound? 

Not all sellers are the same.  Certainly there are bad apples out there, and there are also bad buyers out there too.  I encountered one a couple of months ago.  I wanted to go hunt him down and beat his ass into the dirt (since I knew his address), but I figured it was more mature to suck it up and deal with it.  It wasn't worth going to jail over. 

gnl.weirdness

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »
Welp I can officially say, this was the real deal. If your worried about warranty, hit up squaretrade (they have warranties for cams bought brand new for under $2600).

This is everything I could have wanted, and hopefully everyone else got what they purchased. Sorry to see one member above got their order canceled :: ( that is shitty. The seller is definitely one of those outfits about burn and turn.

Would def recommend anyone to take advantage of any deals they have like this in the future, worst case scenario you return it for full refund, best case you end up with a perfect new cam.

+1 for them and CR for sharing the deal that just changed the stop motion game for me :: )

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »