October 20, 2014, 07:34:02 AM

Author Topic: Request for advice: Your Flickr photos featured on CrowdMedia  (Read 1017 times)

pedro

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Hi, may I ask you a question?

On my flickr I have received this mail. What do you think about this offer?
Thanks and regards, Peter

You take amazing photos and I'd love to add some of your Flickr photos to CrowdMedia's collection in a profile made just for you, with your copyright and your attribution.

CrowdMedia is a new place where thousands of photographers like you reveal how they see our world and get their photos discovered by publishers and photo lovers.

You automatically get a link back to your Flickr with your CrowdMedia profile. And you can add a link to your personal website as well in your CrowdMedia profile.

It is always free for photographers.

If you want to try, all you have to do is answer Yes and I will send your photos’ link in crowdmedia.co when it is done.
30D, EF-S 10-22/ 5DIII, 16-35 F/2.8 L USM II, 28 F/2.8, 50 F/1.4, 85 F/1.8, 70-200 F/2.8 classic,
join me at http://www.flickr.com/groups/insane_isos/

canon rumors FORUM

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Request for advice: Your Flickr photos featured on CrowdMedia
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:14:07 AM »
Its a interesting idea, for photographers who might be the type to submit a photo of a news worthy event to a media outlet free, now they can earn a few dollars a century. 
Of course, if your photo is of a huge breaking news event, and you are the only one, or have the best photos, then getting $10 or $1 for it isn't very much.  Photos posted have also been grabbed and nothing paid. If you have a valuable photo, posting it on Flickr is not the way to go.  Posting a photo of a car accident might seem mundane, but, if it turns out that a celebrity was in that car, it might be worth a lot.

They solicit photos from Flickr because many of the users post photos that might be usable by news media.  If you carry a smart phone around, and upload photos to Flickr on the spot, as many do, they might be instantly sold and you would get a few dollars.

For a Media outlet, having hundreds of  thousands of freelance photographers who work for almost nothing, is yet another step in the demise of professional photographers.  That doesn't bother me, technology moves on, and we all must adapt. 

I didn't notice if they sell video clips, but that's a obvious extension.

pedro

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »
Thank you very much, MtSpokane for taking your valuable time to answer my question! I appreciate that very much. Regards, Peter
30D, EF-S 10-22/ 5DIII, 16-35 F/2.8 L USM II, 28 F/2.8, 50 F/1.4, 85 F/1.8, 70-200 F/2.8 classic,
join me at http://www.flickr.com/groups/insane_isos/

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »