September 25, 2017, 04:25:38 AM

Author Topic: Brand new Sony patent shows Curved Sensor FF camera with 35mm lens (and some var  (Read 2059 times)

xps

• EOS 5DS R
Found at www.+++++++++++. com

My personal belief is, that - if this sensor appears on the market, it woud be a game changer in designing hq-lenses.

http://www.+++++++++++.com/brand-new-sony-patent-shows-cuved-sensor-ff-camera-with-35mm-lens-and-some-variations/

canon rumors FORUM

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
Not the first patent like this from Sony.  Seems best suited to a fixed lens camera, not an ILC.
EOS 1D X, EOS M2, lots of lenses

RGF

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Could be to block someone out of an area.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 5-1500mm f/1.0L IS
I thought they were selling them for cell phones.  aybe phase 2 is for large sensor cameras. I think they allow a cheap fixed lens that has no corrections to be used.

Sony's sensor sales is for far more than consumer cameras, they see cameras as devices to be used everywhere.  Cars, homes, appliances lots of future applications.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:22:36 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

Don Haines

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
I thought they were selling them for cell phones.  aybe phase 2 is for large sensor cameras. I think they allow a cheap fixed lens that has no corrections to be used.

Sony's sensor sales is for far more than consumer cameras, they see cameras as devices to be used everywhere.  Cars, homes, appliances lots of future applications.
Agreed!

This is a game changer for fixed focus cameras. Cell phones, web cams, security cameras (non-zooming), and probably dozens of other functions would be greatly simplified with the simple, uncorrected, lenses that could be used with this.

Even with cameras that zoom, it would mean that not as much correction was needed and lenses could be made a bit simpler...

For the DSLR world, with lenses spanning 100X range, it's a bit of a non-starter as the task would be far more difficult and there is the momentum of legacy optics to overcome.
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM