Canon Rumors General > Site Information

Smartphone users - interested in Tapatalk?

(1/4) > >>

neuroanatomist:
Hi All,

I'd like to gauge interest in using Tapatalk to access these forums.  Tapatalk is a smartphone app that facilitates forum access; I've used it on other forums, and find it to be easy to use (easier than using a browser on a smartphone, and in some ways, easier than a computer browser, too!).  The Tapatalk app is available for iPhone/iPad, Android, and Blackberry phones (and apparently for Google Chrome now, I just noticed when looking up the link above).  It's not free - $2.99 from the Apple App Store, not sure about the cost for other platforms.

Note - no guarantee that it will be supported here in the future, just trying to assess interest.

Thanks for reading!

handsomerob:
Is it possible to turn off the annoying "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" in some way?
If yes, then I don't mind using it or others using it.  ;D

neuroanatomist:
Main menu > Settings > Post Creation section > Signature.  Set to OFF or change it to whatever you like.

Haydn1971:
Yes please...  It needs a server side extension installing, but works like a dream on the forum that I'm site manager for, helping strip out all the unnecessary stuff and reducing my data download on my phone.  It's also possible to moderate using the app too, subject to the necessary permissions.

It also works as an iPad app too.

Picsfor:
I use it on another forum and it works fine, though i mainly use it on my iPad - but who cares...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version