November 21, 2017, 01:24:51 AM

Author Topic: Godox Trigger Updated Firmware  (Read 8703 times)

BasXcanon

• EOS Rebel 300D
Re: Godox Trigger Updated Firmware
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 12:23:31 PM »
ok, well I had problem with one non cpu contact lens on my 80D in TTL model.
Are working in matrix measurement mode?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 12:23:31 PM »

Besisika

• EOS 7D Mark II
  • How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 03:16:36 AM »
I have just tried new v20 (beta) firmware (thanks Besisika) and here is what i learned.

On 5D mark IV TTL still overexposes, but not as much as it used to. Before my flash was always reading F8.0, regardless what my actual f-stop was, hence trying to compensate. With new firmware it reads f-stop thats set on camera, but still overexposes, by at least 3 stops. Manual has worked fine before, so, nothing new there. AF Assist lamp didnt work for me before, still doesnt.

I hope final version of firmware will fix these issues.
Funny thing but (just in case you make the same mistake I did) don't forget to turn the lamp assist on. It is the furthest button on the trigger.
I use FEC to compensate for the exposure. I use spot metering and that gets the exposure very close in TTL.
Notice that when shooting at night, the lowest you can go is 1/128th of power on the AD200, but if you use TTL you can go lower than that. It surprised me but even on speedlite I have the same thing. What I mean is that learn to use the TTL as in very low power requirement that is the only way to get the low power level needed. Someone may explain why. I can't. I just tried it.

The only issue I have with my 1DX II and the V20 is that the trigger turns on automatically the modelling light (I guess because it is not the official version yet), then I have to go to the flash to remove it.

SecureGSM

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 05:45:53 AM »
MODELLING LIGHT ON / OFF –

A function to remotely turn the modelling light On and Off on strobes like the AD600B has also been added to the X1 transmitters.

Double pressing the Channel button will turn the modelling light ON or OFF.

C.Fn-05 – Enable 1/256 Power Level – [ 1/128 = OFF ] [ 1/128- = ON ]  (1/256 is displayed as 1/128-)

more tips and tricks can be found here:

http://flashhavoc.com/godox-x1-c-ttl-triggers-for-canon-announced/

here is the good one, to trigger flash unit located very close to the trigger. I had an issue triggering flash unit in flash bracket located 8" directly above the trigger:

Q: Why X1 can not trigger in near distance    
A:
Please upgrade the newly version(X1C V15,X1N V16,X1S V13), long press the TEST button and turn on the power simultaneously until STATUS blink for 2 seconds,0-30m remote control can be selected.

Q:X1 work normally, why the flash will be over-exposed sometimes?    
A:
If work under TTL mode, please make sure you have proceeded the test flash and double check the output of the test flash

more here:L

http://www.godox.com/EN/Q&A.html

...The only issue I have with my 1DX II and the V20 is that the trigger turns on automatically the modelling light (I guess because it is not the official version yet), then I have to go to the flash to remove it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:52:25 AM by SecureGSM »

Besisika

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 08:31:36 AM »
MODELLING LIGHT ON / OFF –

A function to remotely turn the modelling light On and Off on strobes like the AD600B has also been added to the X1 transmitters.

Double pressing the Channel button will turn the modelling light ON or OFF.

C.Fn-05 – Enable 1/256 Power Level – [ 1/128 = OFF ] [ 1/128- = ON ]  (1/256 is displayed as 1/128-)

more tips and tricks can be found here:

http://flashhavoc.com/godox-x1-c-ttl-triggers-for-canon-announced/

Oh good stuff! Thanks for letting me know.
I tried the CF05, it works on the AD600 but not the AD200 (as per Amazon Power Range: 8 F-Stops 1/1–1/128 Power)
I will try both when I get back home tonight.
So far, this trigger is very reliable
Thanks for the links as well.

Besisika

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 08:18:13 PM »
Thanks SecureGSM for the tips.
Modeling light from the X1T works perfectly as well. Now I am fully set. I have 0 trouble with my both triggers; TTL, assist beam, modeling light, remote power control, and I have never had a misfire. The only time I had a misfire was when my AD200 overheated, but that was a user error. I forgot I had the AD200 in the softbox and I fired like it was the AD600.

mazza1967

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 06:08:56 AM »
HI  All
so Godox have now added the  full release V20 Trigger update on to the Godox.com  download  page ( It is different to the Betta Version I have shared ) , I have updated to this  new version , so far I have found that It does not work properly with my M5, , The basic functions can be set on the trigger  and it will control 3 groups  A,B,C you can change the power from the camera screen it show the alteration on the trigger and the flashes do alter power and work , but the in camera menu does not show the changes ,you have to rely on the trigger screen which does she the changes you have made in camera , you can also change them via the trigger , I have not tried ,  TTL setting as I only ever shoot flash on manual setting , The focus assist  beam also works correctly , High speed syn can be selected in camera and this does syn correctly at all speeds , The M , Mult,i and Group menus are not working  they all appear default to the manual  setting   I have found that V20 does not work with my 6d correctly so will continue to use the v18 update which works correctly with my 6d all functions are perfect .

mazza1967

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2017, 11:16:42 AM »
Has anyone else update to V20  via the latest Godox download ? If so what are your finding ? I e-maled GODOX AND they say should be fully compatible but as last post this is not my experience

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2017, 11:16:42 AM »

mazza1967

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »
AT LAST  !!   I have no received  V20.1 rar directly from Godox  and wait for it !!!!!!! It works !!!  M5 and 6d now working perfectly with godox trigger whoop whoop !
I shall be holding of getting the the 6dmk11 until the Godox update is launched , I will test it in store when its out to see if it works with the Trigger anyway
anyway   This last firm-wear update is spot on all works :)

BasXcanon

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »
Hey mazza1967,

Have you heard of the latest V2.4 for the AD600 strobe??
I know it is supposed for Olympus cameras, but does it affect the Canon functionality in a way??

Can the Olympus point and shoots now optically trigger the AD600's??

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »