September 21, 2017, 03:46:45 PM

Author Topic: Help-What flower is this? Stacked image  (Read 1068 times)

AaronT

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
Help-What flower is this? Stacked image
« on: August 20, 2017, 07:05:21 PM »
My wife had a flower she wanted me to shoot. She doesn't know the name of it. :(
Shot with a 5d Mk II, Canon 100 macro, F8, flash bounced off ceiling, 9 images stacked with Zerene Stacker.
It is about 2 inches across. It is a potted plant.

canon rumors FORUM

Help-What flower is this? Stacked image
« on: August 20, 2017, 07:05:21 PM »

old-pr-pix

• EOS 80D
Re: Help-What flower is this? Stacked image
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 08:59:57 AM »
Nice shot with lots of DOF.  I asked my wife to take a look and she gave me a short tutorial on plant identification.  Other helpful factors:  Overall appearance of the plant, how tall, single flower or multiple clusters, leaf structure/color/positions on stem, stem structure/color, area where found (I know in your house, but US, Europe, Asia or ?).  Anyway, some maybes, but nothing definitive.  So many thousands of plants and photos for identification usually aren't very artistic.
Two systems:  Canon & Olympus

Zeidora

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 11:03:36 PM »
Looks to me like a Caryophyllacae = carnation of some sort. Maybe genus Silene, but without further details, tricky.
5D2 full spectrum, 5DsR, a bunch of Zeiss (some other) primes, for documentary natural history, macro, and micro.

AaronT

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:58:53 AM »
Thanks for the help. The wife found the container the flower came in. It is a Verbena. Stacking photos is the only way to go if you want deep, sharp DoF.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:58:53 AM »