July 21, 2018, 11:52:13 AM

Author Topic: Adobe Announces Cloud-Based Lightroom CC  (Read 32312 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
Re: Adobe Announces Cloud-Based Lightroom CC
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2017, 06:44:52 PM »
I've spent the morning experimenting with Lightroom CC (Cloud) and Lightroom CC Classic.  For use on mobile devices, I like the cc version.  For my pc, the CC version is not quite there, it has a huge amount of missing features, but for ordinary edits, its ok.

I've decided to use the combination of Lightroom Classic for my desktop and lightroom CC for mobile devices.  Its easy to choose which images to sync, so I can limit what is in the cloud, and remove what I choose easily.  This is basically the same operation as the older lightroom version with lightroom mobile, create a collection that syncs with lightroom cc.  Remove images from the collection to remove them from the cloud and vice versa.  Changes on either end sync just fine.

So I can add images to my mobile phone or tablet or laptop running lightroom CC and they will sync to my desktop when I open it.

Next, I want to see how well images added to my mobile directly from the camera using wi-fi or cable can be synced to all my devices. (I have a lot of them).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2017, 06:44:52 PM »

snoke

• EOS M5
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2017, 05:33:34 PM »
I've decided to use the combination of Lightroom Classic for my desktop and lightroom CC for mobile devices.

This future Adobe see. Less camera, more phone. Adobe want be in market.

Adobe want phone workflow: camera -> adobe app -> instagram/facebook/twitter.

Next Adobe feature is emoji?

Adobe renting and not buy give pirate boost.

Talys

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • Canon 6DII
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2017, 01:22:39 AM »
Adobe renting and not buy give pirate boost.

Photoshop is now much less pirated than it used to be -- Adobe is so happy about that, that it could really care less if people pirated old versions of Lightroom (that soon won't support the newest cameras)

I agree that Adobe sees smartphone as giant future growth.

The truth is, there are billions of smartphone users, and a good portion of them care about taking pictures from their smartphones.  Proportionately, there are a tiny number of photographers that shoot RAW, or that take enough photos to need software to organize them.

LDS

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2017, 02:11:19 PM »
I agree that Adobe sees smartphone as giant future growth.

The truth is, there are billions of smartphone users, and a good portion of them care about taking pictures from their smartphones. 

And the real question is: how many of them will pay $10 (more outside US) per month when they can use Apple Photos or Google Photos for free - directly supported by their phone OS, highly integrated with their camera apps, offering often "unlimited" space, and implementing most of the editing functions they need (Apple Photos just added Curves, by the way)? IMHO the smartphone shooters needing LR are still a tiny number. Alienating the old customers may not have  been a smart move.

Tom Hogarty may have been good at using internet "influencers" (reading is LinkedIn profile is illuminating), but one thing is trying to use them against the usual Adobe competitors, another trying to go head to head against Apple and Google, which are not really newcomers in marketing - and have the required firepower. Aperture may not have been a critical product for Apple, but capturing user photos, and the large source of data within, will be.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2017, 02:11:19 PM »