December 15, 2017, 09:05:12 PM

Author Topic: The joy of proper white balance.  (Read 4658 times)

CanonFanBoy

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • Dang!
Re: The joy of proper white balance.
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2017, 06:14:02 AM »
Seems a bit early to be decorating Christmas trees, but I haven't lived in a country that celebrates Christmas for a long a time so I'm probably out of touch. I will soon face pressure from my kids to erect a tree, but I wasn't planning to do it until next month!

We've always decorated right after Thanksgiving. This is a few days early as they were leaving for Mississippi the next day. It's also my grandson's first Christmas, so my daughter is a little excited.
5D Mark III, Canon A-1, Voigtlander Vito, Tamron SP 15-30 f/2.8 Di VC, 24-70 F/2.8L II, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 35 f/1.4L II, 135 f/2L, Helios 58 f/2 (x3), Canon FD 50 f/1.8, 600EX-RT (x7), Streaklight 360ws. Jumping ship to SoNikon any day now.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2017, 06:14:02 AM »

sanj

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2017, 07:17:45 AM »
Shooting in RAW and correcting in post has worked for me 98% of the time.

Same here, but if you are shooting under colorful stage lights or christmas tree lights, you have to let the actual colors stay in the final image.  You aren't going to get normal skin tones under those conditions, no matter what you do in Lightroom.

Yes of course. Or it will end up looking bland. Same analogy with sunsets...

stevelee

• EOS M5
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2017, 10:29:45 AM »
I think browsers tend to assume sRGB color space. Safari and maybe others are capable of color management if you include a color profile it can read.

Main PC browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari) today are AFAIK color managed, at least on platforms were color management is enabled by default (it is in Windows and macOS, on some Linux you may have to enable it). Hope they all support also v4 profiles now, not only v2. IE11 does, In Firefox you may have to enable explicitly v4 profiles support. Don't know about Chrome and Safari.

On tablet and smartphones, the latest version should be color managed as well - older ones may be not.

You can test your browser(s) here: http://cameratico.com/tools/web-browser-color-management-test/

I just tried that test with Safari on my iPad. It passed all the tests except for the “how far” red, and to a slight extent the green.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2017, 10:29:45 AM »