December 17, 2017, 08:36:23 AM

Author Topic: Can't get Canon Accounting Manager to work with PRO-1000 printer  (Read 7978 times)

Kit Lens Jockey

• EOS Rebel T7i
Re: Can't get Canon Accounting Manager to work with PRO-1000 printer
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 11:29:02 AM »
Thanks, but nothing on that troubleshooting link deals with the problem I'm having. I can find the printer fine on the network, it just won't register in the accounting manager.

Anyway, I called Canon over the weekend. Most of their technical people that could help with this are not in the office on weekends, but they said they'd get back to me to try to help resolve the issue.

I tried disabling IPv6, no resolution of the problem, but the accounting manager does only find one listing for the printer when searching for printers now.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 11:29:02 AM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 11:39:58 AM »
I deleted the printer from the list, switched it off then turned it back on and 'reconnected' via the accounting software. The printer maintains the records so nothing is lost but that seemed to kickstart the process. The accounting manager recognises the specific printer via its serial number too so when I get IPv4 and IPv6 addresses they both have the same serial number.

To be sure it took some 'encouragement' to get it working and I forget the specific windows and clicks and won't be back until next week, but it included the 'add new printer' dialog box. When I get back I will assign it a fixed address to see if it runs smoother like that.

P.S. While the software might/or might not be accurate for the specific prints coming out of it, it makes no allowance for service ink use and cancelled/failed part prints don't register from an ink or paper use either.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

Kit Lens Jockey

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »
I've given it as much encouragement as a I can, short of physically cheering on the printer as I try to connect to it.

I get to the add printer dialog box, it finds the printer, I try to add it, it hangs on the "acquiring printer information" progress window for a few minutes. Sometimes this is indefinite, sometimes it does seem to "acquire the information." But even in that case, when the printer shows up on the list of possible printers I might add to the accounting program, it says it can't communicate with the printer, and I can't add a printer I can't communicate with.

Any info you have would be helpful though, thanks. Hopefully I will get it sorted out with Canon's help soon.

Kit Lens Jockey

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »
Did not hear back from Canon, called them again, went through a few things with the tech support guy, mainly just uninstalling and reinstalling the printer and accounting manager. Still no dice. >:( They said they'd look into it more and get back to me, but it might be the fault of the driver, which is made by Apple, so they kind of blamed it on Apple.

privatebydesign

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 04:36:00 PM »
Ok I am home and just got around to firing up the printer that has been dormant for a few weeks.

Even though it had the same IP address it wouldn't account for the test print. Here is how I reconnected it.

File:Printer:Manage Printer. In that 'Printer Management' box select the printers that are there and press 'Unregister'. Go to 'Add Printer' button, the printer will come up with one or two addresses, I chose the IPv6 address and added it. Then on the 'Printer Management' box select 'OK'. You should now have one printer in that box, when you press OK if you don't have a password for the printer it will tell you that, I ignore it.

Then just press the 'Update the information shown' button, the circle arrow thing in the top left. I just did all that and it accounted for my new test print.

I assume all the unnecessary steps are because I shut down my LAN while I was away but I will assign the printer a fixed IP as suggested and presume that will get ride of my need to reregister it occasionally.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

privatebydesign

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 02:09:02 PM »
Kit Lens Jockey, did you ever get it working?

I have now exported my tabulations to .csv's and imported them to a spreadsheet giving a pretty good breakdown of printing costs, as distinct from actual running costs!

Kit Lens Jockey

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 07:01:55 PM »
Nope, I basically stumped Canon's tech support people, and they never called me back with an answer.  :-\ If I'm that concerned about it, I will probably just plug in through USB when I want to print, as my primary computer is a laptop.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 07:01:55 PM »

privatebydesign

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 07:38:41 PM »
Nope, I basically stumped Canon's tech support people, and they never called me back with an answer.  :-\ If I'm that concerned about it, I will probably just plug in through USB when I want to print, as my primary computer is a laptop.

I doubt you stumped them they just didn't call you back, which is pretty standard.

Did you follow the steps I use to connect via network? It is a useful piece of software to have though you do need to export to .csv when you have a price change on any of the unit costs as it doesn't memorize the previous jobs and recalculates all jobs in history to the new unit prices.

mmphotos

• Canonflex
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 06:19:26 PM »
Found this site looking for a solution to the same problem. It would find my printer in the accounting software but could not add it because it said there was communication problem. I tried just about everything on here to get it to work. I replaced the USB cable and it started working like it was supposed. Just thought i would pass along what fixed it for me in case anyone else comes across this thread looking for a fix

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 06:19:26 PM »