February 24, 2018, 07:25:02 AM

Author Topic: Patent: Fingerprint ID on Your Cameras and Lenses  (Read 2988 times)

IglooEater

• EOS 5DS R
Re: Patent: Fingerprint ID on Your Cameras and Lenses
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 02:47:47 PM »
It better work better than iPhone finger print ID.
I’ve had the 5s and 7, while the 5s fingerprint recognition was a bit fussy (first generation) I find the 7´s to be rock solid. It’s just works-it’s reliable, and super fast.  Fast enough that if I just want to get to the camera from lock screen I need to wake it up with the power button or a different finger.  With my thumb it turns on and unlocks all in an instant.  I’ve not really had an issue to be able to say it needs improvement asides from being fussy with water like every other touch screen I’ve ever tried.

"60% of the time, it works every time"

But if my hands have been wet for more than a brief period (swimming, kayaking, washing the dishes) or have been doing anything that involves gripping something abrasive (gardening, woodworking, building, rock climbing), it doesn't work at all.

When I say it’s fussy in water, i mean my phone is dripping because I’m in the pouring rain- not I was around water for a while . 
  I work in construction and my fingers are dusty, dirty, sweaty, cut, scraped, bruised, -20° cold, +40° hot, pitch black, and direct sunlight. fingerprint thingy works all the time.  Just not in pouring rain. That’s probably less than 1% of the time I use my phone.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:50:10 PM by IglooEater »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 02:47:47 PM »

dsut4392

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 09:42:34 PM »
It better work better than iPhone finger print ID.
I’ve had the 5s and 7, while the 5s fingerprint recognition was a bit fussy (first generation) I find the 7´s to be rock solid. It’s just works-it’s reliable, and super fast.  Fast enough that if I just want to get to the camera from lock screen I need to wake it up with the power button or a different finger.  With my thumb it turns on and unlocks all in an instant.  I’ve not really had an issue to be able to say it needs improvement asides from being fussy with water like every other touch screen I’ve ever tried.

"60% of the time, it works every time"

But if my hands have been wet for more than a brief period (swimming, kayaking, washing the dishes) or have been doing anything that involves gripping something abrasive (gardening, woodworking, building, rock climbing), it doesn't work at all.

When I say it’s fussy in water, i mean my phone is dripping because I’m in the pouring rain- not I was around water for a while . 
  I work in construction and my fingers are dusty, dirty, sweaty, cut, scraped, bruised, -20° cold, +40° hot, pitch black, and direct sunlight. fingerprint thingy works all the time.  Just not in pouring rain. That’s probably less than 1% of the time I use my phone.

Wish I could say the same. Maybe I'll try registering a few additional prints, "sweaty thumb", "dusty thumb" and  "prints all worn off climbing thumb":)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 09:42:34 PM »