June 18, 2018, 10:09:53 AM

Author Topic: Canon Continues Leadership of DSLR Camera Market With A Dominating Performance at the Big Game in Mi  (Read 5255 times)

RGF

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Looks like Sony and Nikon are putting pressure on Canon.  Sony announced that they were #2 in full frame ILC sales in the US for two months of last year, and Nikon announced that they were #1 in FF ILC sales in the US for one month of last year.   So I guess Canon felt pressured to tack an addendum on to their annual "big game" press release stating that they were #1 in full frame ILC sales in the US for the entire year, as well as #1 in US APS-C sales, and of course, #1 in global ILC sales for the year, as usual.

But this year, no doubt Canon is doomed. Doomed, I tell you. Doomed.

Perhaps the press will results in more rapid improvements versus better boast in the press releases.  I would like to see Canon work on better cameras (and lens) versus better press releases.

canon rumors FORUM

Orangutan

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II

Perhaps the press will results in more rapid improvements versus better boast in the press releases.  I would like to see Canon work on better cameras (and lens) versus better press releases.

Better for what use and for what market? 

Talys

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • Canon 6DII
I would point out that it isn't particularly strange that Canon isn't #1 in FF ILC sales.  They haven't had a high end release since 5D Mark IV, and a lot of people who want and can afford a flagship Canon (which is a lot of FF people), have purchased at least one 1DXII and/or 5D Mark IV.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:35:54 AM by Talys »

ethanz

• EOS 7D Mark II
  • 1DX II
    • my website
I would point out that it isn't particularly strange that Canon isn't #1 in FF ILC sales.  They haven't had a high end release since 5D Mark IV, and a lot of people who want and can afford a flagship Canon (which is a lot of FF people), have purchased at least one 1DXII and/or 5D Mark IV.

Except Canon was #1 in FF ILC sales for the whole year of 2017. Sony was #2 for only two months. Nikon was #1 for only one month.
1DX II, 16-35L f/4 IS, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 200-400L f/4 IS w/1.4 EXT
http://ethanzentz.com/

Talys

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • Canon 6DII

Except Canon was #1 in FF ILC sales for the whole year of 2017. Sony was #2 for only two months. Nikon was #1 for only one month.

Right, I should have been clear: It's not surprising that they weren't first for a couple of months, where Nikon and Sony both released new FF flagships.

At some point, D850 and A7RIII sales will taper, because those most eager to buy one will have done so.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:22:39 PM by Talys »

ethanz

• EOS 7D Mark II
  • 1DX II
    • my website

Right, I should have been clear: It's not surprising that they weren't first for a couple of months, where Nikon and Sony both released new FF flagships.

At some point, D850 and A7RIII sales will taper, because those most eager to buy one will have done so.

Ok. And I do agree with your points.
1DX II, 16-35L f/4 IS, 24-70L f/2.8 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 200-400L f/4 IS w/1.4 EXT
http://ethanzentz.com/

canon rumors FORUM