June 25, 2018, 08:01:53 AM

Author Topic: Issue: Popups for contests on iOS devices  (Read 4869 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
    • Canon Rumors
Re: Issue: Popups for contests on iOS devices
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 05:08:42 PM »
Speaking of ads, there was one on the home page for a Nikon D850.  I decided to give CR a few pennies and clicked on it.  It took me to the Nikon Website and the D850 which was marked out of stock.  So Nikon is paying $$ to advertise buying a camera that they can't deliver!

We should all click on ads in CR (Not that scam popup).  That's how the site is financed, they receive a small amount when a reader clicks on a ad.(only one time)

Clicks don't really matter and artificially inflating them is actually a bad thing. The auction of ad space will pay less for what is considered inflated CTR.

Interesting.  I am on the other end, I pay for clicks by bidding on them, so I incorrectly assumed that there was a 1:1 correlation.

If you're bidding $2 on a click, and an ad spot comes up with a CTR that's too high, they'll serve the $1.50 bid and give you a better spot for $2.
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 05:08:42 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 11:30:38 PM »
Speaking of ads, there was one on the home page for a Nikon D850.  I decided to give CR a few pennies and clicked on it.  It took me to the Nikon Website and the D850 which was marked out of stock.  So Nikon is paying $$ to advertise buying a camera that they can't deliver!

We should all click on ads in CR (Not that scam popup).  That's how the site is financed, they receive a small amount when a reader clicks on a ad.(only one time)

Clicks don't really matter and artificially inflating them is actually a bad thing. The auction of ad space will pay less for what is considered inflated CTR.

Interesting.  I am on the other end, I pay for clicks by bidding on them, so I incorrectly assumed that there was a 1:1 correlation.

If you're bidding $2 on a click, and an ad spot comes up with a CTR that's too high, they'll serve the $1.50 bid and give you a better spot for $2.

I have low price products, so 5 cents a click.  Many of my products are custom made and unique so I'm the only one selling them.  The ad just helps people discover them when they did not know such a thing existed.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:32:50 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 11:30:38 PM »