July 20, 2018, 01:13:23 AM

Author Topic: I don't bird, but if I wanted to...  (Read 2542 times)

DSP121

• EOS Rebel SL2
Re: I don't bird, but if I wanted to...
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 01:03:20 AM »
Nice one. But, without legs, it's not looking that effective! The full picture could have been awesome!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 01:03:20 AM »

stevelee

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »
I don't go anywhere to shoot pictures of birds. My deck extends out near the woods. The next-door neighbor has a bunch of bird feeders. There are a lot of cardinals around, so they make colorful subjects. When I'm trying out a new telephoto lens or learning to use time-lapse features of the camera body, the birds are there, especially toward sunset. When it snows, the tree near the bird feeders fill with birds waiting their turns.

The deer are much less cooperative. They become wary when I'm out on the deck, and when I point something at them, they duck behind the trees.

I shot this out a kitchen window rather than going out into the cold and making enough noise that the birds fly away. The low contrast gives a look much like it appeared at the time and maybe a sense of the cold. I'm not sure what might be gained or lost by perking it up more in ACR. January was long before I got the 100-40mm lens, so this was taken with the 75-300mm optically challenged lens with further degradation by the dirty window glass. But I still like the picture.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »