November 24, 2014, 03:10:55 AM

Author Topic: How many of you actually have money to buy the new 5D Mark III?  (Read 19160 times)

wellfedCanuck

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: How many of you actually have money to buy the new 5D Mark III?
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »
Surely a country as rich as the USA can afford colour printing? The US dollar looks like a third world currency!

We're working on it.  It's my understanding that there's a complicated plan, developed by a large team of highly-paid government officials, to fund the redesign of US currency by developing a method to monetize the savings in typing time and costs associated with both printing and electronic data transmission of not using all those extra letters you folks use in words like color...and traveler.   :P
Haha... you guys are such good neighbours that we'll even throw in some portraits of Queen E to put on those colourful new notes...
Don't take my advice. Don't even take my advice not to take my advice.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »

RedEye

« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 09:10:46 PM »
Perhaps we should have a more colorful money... like the Euro.... Then we could show photos of 500 euro bills... ohhh  ahhh

RedEye

« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »
Surely a country as rich as the USA can afford colour printing? The US dollar looks like a third world currency!

We're working on it.  It's my understanding that there's a complicated plan, developed by a large team of highly-paid government officials, to fund the redesign of US currency by developing a method to monetize the savings in typing time and costs associated with both printing and electronic data transmission of not using all those extra letters you folks use in words like color...and traveler.   :P
Haha... you guys are such good neighbours that we'll even throw in some portraits of Queen E to put on those colourful new notes...

That might now be so bad as the most recent generation of royals is absoultly marrying up ;)

gmrza

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »

Of course the US could always hire Securency to create plastic bank notes like we have down under, and get a huge scandal and allegations of bribery and corruption for free.

(Google "securency scandal".)
Zeiss Ikon Contax II, Sonnar 50mm f/2, Sonnar 135mm f/4

RedEye

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 09:14:59 PM »

Of course the US could always hire Securency to create plastic bank notes like we have down under, and get a huge scandal and allegations of bribery and corruption for free.

(Google "securency scandal".)

See cars are better .....lol

stilscream

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2012, 09:16:59 PM »
Does anyone know a canon dealership that accepts food stamps? :) j/k

I can buy it, doesn't mean I can really afford it, but I only live once...maybe twice if I was good.
 :P
7d, 5d mk iii, 1d4, 1dx, 35mm f1.4L, 70-200mm IS ii USM, 300mm f4 IS USM, 600mm f4l is USM, 400mm f2.8l is usm, 14mm tamron f2.8, 17-40mm f4L, 24-70 f2.8L USM, 85f1.2L USM, 100mm f2.8 macro

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »

LOL. We had some good times when many states contracted with Diebold (the folks who make ATM machines including the new ones that take straight cash, no enclosing envelope, for deposits - and seem to miscount the money pretty often) to make the electronic voting machines for elections.

Google "Diebold voting scandal" or, if you prefer, "Hack the vote."
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »

RedEye

« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »

LOL. We had some good times when many states contracted with Diebold (the folks who make ATM machines including the new ones that take straight cash, no enclosing envelope, for deposits - and seem to miscount the money pretty often) to make the electronic voting machines for elections.

Google "Diebold voting scandal" or, if you prefer, "Hack the vote."

It does raise suspicions when the country which was first to place a man on the moon and the only to rover Mars can't seem to count integers well enough to have a cofident voting capacity

timkbryant

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2012, 09:34:13 PM »
Well, I don't got the money now, but a few weeks and some shrewd (and shady) business dealings later, I will have the scratch.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm trying to sell some real estate I recently renovated. It's a very nice bridge in Brooklyn. I just repainted it. $1 million and it's yours.
Bodies: 5D Mk III; 1000D
Lenses: EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF 70-200 f/2.8 L; EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS
Flash: 580 EX II

RedEye

« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 09:42:28 PM »
Well, I don't got the money now, but a few weeks and some shrewd (and shady) business dealings later, I will have the scratch.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm trying to sell some real estate I recently renovated. It's a very nice bridge in Brooklyn. I just repainted it. $1 million and it's yours.

I would reccomend the game of poker to you my friend ;)

EchoLocation

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 09:44:05 PM »
WOW-YOU ARE A MASSIVE TWAT.

Thanks for saying what I suspect most of us were thinking.
thanks again. just because you have the money, doesn't mean you need to show it off. OP is a major A$$h**e.
Canon EOS-M, 22mm f2, 11-22mm f4-5.6
Canon 550D, Sigma 50mm f1.4
Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Tamron 17-35mm f2.8-4

RedEye

« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2012, 09:51:43 PM »
now now, he's already been smite-ed like an Old Testament king....

dirtcastle

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • Eric Nord Flickr Page
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 10:16:24 PM »
Safe to say, if someone has a problem with money envy or gear envy... you are definitely hanging out in the wrong place!

Me?... I'm still stoked on my 5D2. Upgrade? Not in the card$.

But I am stoked to hear from people who get the 5D3. And maybe I'll start saving for a used version if the new AF is solid. But honestly, my ONLY complaint about the 5D2 is the limited AF. But I'll take the 5D2 over a 60D or 7D ANY DAY. It was an incredible deal.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 10:16:24 PM »

RedEye

« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:44 PM »
I'm going to buy whatever comes out, I don't care about it's features. As soon as they offer a 35+ MP camera I'm going to dump tomorrow's offering back to the market so if there's anyone similar to my thinking there should be quite a few slightly used on the market pretty quick.

RedEye

« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:53 PM »
A wise man once said " When you are ALMOST well-off, you want to pretent to be RICH. When you are really rich, you want to hind your richness. "

Good to see that someone's been reading classical political philosophy :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:53 PM »