July 26, 2014, 05:21:00 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III Full Spec List?  (Read 65926 times)

HurtinMinorKey

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • carolineculler.com
Re: 5D Mark III Full Spec List?
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »
With the new processor we should be able to get a better chroma sample: 4:2:2. It should be able to handle somewhere between 80-100 Mbps, which would be very nice.   

Also, my guess is that they have applied the tweaks that limit the well known image artifact issues of the mkII.

If they can do this, I'll be happy.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

Maxis Gamez

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Bird Photography
    • View Profile
    • Bird Photography in Florida
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2012, 11:49:16 AM »
Are the specs even official??  ::)

Let's wait!

www.gvisions.org - Bird Photography

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2012, 11:50:54 AM »
Currently I fail to see any magic in this camera, just as usual Canon's crippled update, whereas the price seems to indicate premium qualities.

In that sense Nikon has clear and understandable distinction - full package in all FF cameras targeting different auditoriums, against Canon's very expensive and crippled expensive option.

You are posting in the wrong thread. This should be posted in the "(un)official I'm Switching to Nikon" thread. You will be much happier there. :)
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

plam_1980

« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2012, 11:52:43 AM »
I know I am repeating myself from earlier thread, but with these specs...

HurtinMinorKey

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • carolineculler.com
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »
All I can say is, thank God they moved the on/off switch.

pakosouthpark

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
If this is true then I'll hold off for a new camera purchase until Christmas. This will be everything I've wanted, moving from a 350D to this will be a game changer for me :P

same thing here, although i gave my 350d to my little sis last xmas! cant wait for the summer! hopefully can get it by then, as going on without a camera is the same like being without an arm!

XanuFoto

« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
I know I am repeating myself from earlier thread, but with these specs...
Pretty much in the same situation here.  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »

Realgeni

« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2012, 11:58:04 AM »
What is - "Silent & low vibration modes"?

:)

pedro

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2012, 12:00:03 PM »
I am looking between 1DX and 5D mark III.
So looking to see what are the differences between the two. The ones i can see are

10. ISO difference - If the native is 1 stop lower on 5D Mark III, that means most probably the usable ISO is ISO 1600 and can go to ISO 3200/6400 in tough situations. For me coming from 5D, this is atleast 2 stop increase already for Mark III. And for the dance concerts i do take it is sufficient. There is enough lighting on the stage for me to be happy with a 2 stop increase. So professionally i am good. Personally higher ISO will allow me to take photos of parties etc without the flash and capture more of the ambience. So 1DX has an advantage - tiny bit only.

Anything else that is different. Anything else i need to consider?

The 5D3 will not be 2 stops better than 5D in high ISO performance.
Perhaps 1 stop. Perhaps even 1.5 stop as would be extremely good and better than D3s. Certainly not 2 stop.

Well, if the 5D3 will be one stop better over 5D2 (or as you put "5D" do you mean the 5Dc?) then ISO 12800 will be equal to ISO 6400 which I guess would yield nice b/w photographs. Compared to my current 30D which I shoot as up to ISO 3200 (H) well exposed to the right.
I won't be in the first wave of buyers, but one year from tomorrow seems great. This will be a lot of camera for an amateur like me, let's say for the next five to six years for sure. I am completing my fifth year with the 30D  this April. The new 5D is the dream camera for me and I can't wait to test it with a fast lens 50/1.4 at ISO 51k in real low light with only a slightly iluminated face for the AF trying to lock on  8) rock'n'roll, gentlemen. enjoy the new day coming!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:01:44 PM by pedro »
30D, EF-S 10-22/ 5DIII, 16-35 F/2.8 L USM II, 28 F/2.8, 50 F/1.4, 85 F/1.8, 70-200 F/2.8 classic,
join me at http://www.flickr.com/groups/insane_isos/

zhap03

« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2012, 12:00:29 PM »
That little battery is the only reason why you don't lose all of your time/date/custom settings when you pull out your main battery (LP-e6 in your 5D2).  Given their purpose and function, they tend to last "forever" (you get what I mean here) and are usually pre-installed for you.  Out-of-sight-out-of-mind... I think that's what digital camera makers were thinking here.

AlicoatePhotography

« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
What is Silent and low vibration modes?  My guess is, it is related to the shutter, and the mirror being locked up.  Maybe they have a silent electronic shutter option now.  Or, it could be how IS and AF operate while in video mode.  That would be pretty cool to have these act less violently when you are taking video.

ers811

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2012, 12:01:57 PM »
Couple of things......

1) Anyone notice the Digic 5+ in the specs?? <------  notice the "+"  What's the "+" for compared to the two Digic 5's in the 1Dx?

The Powershots also have the Digic 5, but the 1Dx has Dual Digic 5+, the 5diii has single Digic 5+ I am happy for a single Digic processor for the main Camera (lets the magic lantern guys do some magic on the 5d3 as well, they could never on the dual digics of the 7d).

+1
The single chip could lead to very promising enhancements :)

If you mean Magic Lantern will have an easier time hacking it than the 7D, I'm sure hoping so!!!!  It sounds like dual chips lead to big headaches.  Magic Lantern Unified for 5D3 please!!!!!

shuttersound

« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2012, 12:02:25 PM »
If the photo is real, i was right abt the dial mode, it was not the lock type from the previous leaked pics and im glad it wasnt !!!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2012, 12:02:25 PM »

TOOMA

« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »
There seems to be a lot of fanboys in this thread... hardware wise how much better really do you feel this is than the 5D mark II besides the DIGIC 5 (which handles the high iso and framerate) and the small increase in MP by the sensor?  If you pretend that this camera wasn't from Canon would you still feel the same way?

Not everyone wants megapixels.

I do!!!  Canon needs a high MP cam for studio and wedding photographers.  I want a 2 cam setup like Nikon shooters will now have with the D4 and D800.  I was praying the 5DM3 would be in the 32-36mp range, very disappointing :(.

Drama79

« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2012, 12:04:58 PM »
What is Silent and low vibration modes?  My guess is, it is related to the shutter, and the mirror being locked up.  Maybe they have a silent electronic shutter option now.  Or, it could be how IS and AF operate while in video mode.  That would be pretty cool to have these act less violently when you are taking video.

This.
I'm hoping it's a way to mute the CLACKCLACKCLACK of the exposure wheel when you're shooting and want to adjust it, and maybe a silent way of autofocusing while shooting? don't know. The mic position hasn't changed, so any contact with the lens will still pick up, and it's not like the camera made any noise before when shooting, so let's see what they say tomorrow....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2012, 12:04:58 PM »