April 18, 2014, 01:36:35 AM

Author Topic: Just called Canon... (5dm3)  (Read 4871 times)

MARKOE PHOTOE

• Rebel T5i
  • A better box of crayons makes the job easier...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.markoe.smugmug.com
Re: Just called Canon... (5dm3)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 03:48:05 PM »
Canon's website confirms their March 26th date.  I have talked to two 'local' camera shops here in the San Francisco Bay Area who have some now and are getting more today.  For me, I can wait another day or two and wait for my orders from B&H and Amazon to arrive and save me $$$ on tax.  I'm guessing they will both be here by Friday March 23rd.

Which SF stores have them? I'm not in any hurry & placed my order with Amazon pretty much immediately after they listed it. Just curious.

Has anyone heard anything definitive from Amazon? Mine still says:

Not yet shipped.
We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item.
It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.

San Jose Camera in San Jose and Horn Photo in Fresno.
A few cameras and lenses and a lot of creative energy and imagination.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 03:48:05 PM »

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 03:50:29 PM »
Best of luck then  :)

I'd say blind luck. Be careful with that, and make sure to read up on use tax law in your state and talk to your accountant. You're definitely gambling, and if you have that much unreported, if they ever do catch you, it could easilly bankrupt you. Just be careful :)

I've heard of that... I write off camera gear yearly and never have had to provide proof of paying sales tax despite getting most my stuff online out of state... I guess it depends on how picky your state is and how good your tax accountant is and blind luck... =)  The only times i've been audited is where they had questions on my 1099's, but never have asked about my write offs.

I used to shop between Adorama (east coast) and Samys (west coast).... Samys just recently started charging sales tax for out of state purchases which ended my purchasing relationship with them.  From my understanding of my states taxes, we are supposed to, on our free will, pay the taxes for internet purchases and out of state stores are supposed to tattle to the state treasury whom from my state bought goods from their stores but that doesn't work like it should in their eyes.  Plus my accountant/tax guy who prepares my taxes said the state, if audited would more likely come after him than me because he's a bigger target than me, his client.  I'm sure the date will come when my state start cracking down but until then ignorance is bliss  ;D ;D

Thanks.. i'm my cash strapped state will revamp it's tax laws and really crack down on out of state sales tax, perhaps that will come about when we have to start 1099ing stores for purchases over $600 like what I was reading is in the works nation wide, but even with that, that's one heck of a lot of paperwork to keep track of... I hope the IRS is ready to undertake such an influx of paperwork. 
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

Viggo

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »
Hits the streets of Norway next week, so 26th seems fair.
1dx, 17-40 L, 24-70 L II, 85 L II, 200 f2.0 L

Shooter

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • JIm WIlson Photography
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 04:54:02 PM »
Canon's website confirms their March 26th date.  I have talked to two 'local' camera shops here in the San Francisco Bay Area who have some now and are getting more today.  For me, I can wait another day or two and wait for my orders from B&H and Amazon to arrive and save me $$$ on tax.  I'm guessing they will both be here by Friday March 23rd.

Which SF stores have them? I'm not in any hurry & placed my order with Amazon pretty much immediately after they listed it. Just curious.

Has anyone heard anything definitive from Amazon? Mine still says:

We solved that quandary in Texas through a court challenge. If you are a pro all the gear that goes into your product (except cases for some odd reason) is tax exempt. This includes computers, cameras, lenses, software, office supplies, the works.
Not yet shipped.
We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item.
It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.
JW

LetTheRightLensIn

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 05:06:10 PM »
My local store insists that they are getting them the 21st. They claim they will be the first. But then again we have reports of a few people with them in hand and some really small mom&pops having sold out already. It seems there is total confusion. Usually they do sort of trickle out, some small stores get them first, then some medium-sized and then the big ones and then Amazon, that is how it's been recently.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 05:06:10 PM »