October 25, 2014, 06:57:03 PM

Author Topic: Women will hate D800 *full size image*  (Read 18502 times)

briansquibb

Re: Women will hate D800 *full size image*
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 05:12:18 PM »
I am half looking at a real MF - the D800 would be just a faux MF. Would rather have a 80Mb MF

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 05:12:18 PM »

poias

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 05:22:31 PM »
I am half looking at a real MF - the D800 would be just a faux MF. Would rather have a 80Mb MF

Good luck finding that for $3000.

D800 is a killer in resolution, DR, and even low light... its resolution and DR compares to MFDBs and its low light performance compares with D4. What more can you ask for?

briansquibb

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 05:30:30 PM »

D800 is a killer in resolution, DR, and even low light... its resolution and DR compares to MFDBs and its low light performance compares with D4. What more can you ask for?

Price is not the issue - I would expect somewhere in the region of $35k which is what you have to pay for the best.

I dont think in my remotist dreams think that a 36mp D800 will compare with a 80mp MF.

Low light performance? Iso 200 is fine for me with a MF. You dont shoot sports with a MF

poias

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »

Price is not the issue - I would expect somewhere in the region of $35k which is what you have to pay for the best.

I dont think in my remotist dreams think that a 36mp D800 will compare with a 80mp MF.

Low light performance? Iso 200 is fine for me with a MF. You dont shoot sports with a MF

Sorry, but it was YOU who compared D800 to MFDB. Highlighted above in red, you said that you were "half looking at a MF". That is comparing, still.

Orion

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012, 10:40:48 PM »
please excuse if the link has been posted already, but here is the link to all the images, including the original posted in this thread:

http://www.bezergheanu.com/TestNikon/Test-Nikon-D800/22087378_KqWcB7#!i=1763885715&k=BN6QTnD

hover your mouse over the larger image to see the list and select "original"

The images DO appear heavily sharpened, due to some artifacts you see on the monitor but not so much when you view from your desktop. . . I just got the 5DmkIII, and this D800 is also a very good camera. I hope you all get to enjoy your camera and not worry too much about these things as Canon is also comming out with a more MP system later in the year.

The 5D mkIII is amazing to ME because I have just swithced from the 30D ;) I am as happy as can be! Be happy for me and forget all this talk about too sharp v resolution v iso . . . heck if it's too sharp, then you can fix that . . . . if ISO is a problem, realize that it is not ;), and if you need a greater resolution due to the rare need to print on museum canvas to cover a wall or for advertising on a side of a building or a bus, then by all means get a D800 or wait for Canon's response. . . . or you can realize that the need for such high res is only viable for professional MFesque work where the clients think they need such high MP camera to meet their needs. . . . they need smooth skin tones, with no hair anyway ;)

P.S. some of you are being VERy mean to this poor girl that may have the heart of a dove. . . .
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:52:57 PM by Orion »

briansquibb

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2012, 01:07:10 AM »

Sorry, but it was YOU who compared D800 to MFDB. Highlighted above in red, you said that you were "half looking at a MF". That is comparing, still.

What hogwash you talk. I can only assume you are a Nikon fanboy who is convinced that the D800 is better than a 80Mb MF. Read the other threads in this forum and it will be apparent that it doesn't hold a candle to a good MF. The only valid point you have made is that at $3000 it is cheap for 36Mb

poias

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2012, 01:47:08 AM »

What hogwash you talk. I can only assume you are a Nikon fanboy who is convinced that the D800 is better than a 80Mb MF. Read the other threads in this forum and it will be apparent that it doesn't hold a candle to a good MF. The only valid point you have made is that at $3000 it is cheap for 36Mb

Sorry, again, but you are the only only one who is constantly talking about "80Mb(sic) MF". I simply think D800 is very detailed, hence this post. Comparing it against larger format systems is what you are doing.

Me thinks you are a little insecure.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2012, 01:47:08 AM »

takoman46

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2012, 01:57:52 AM »
I don't think it takes a 36mp image to pick up the amount of fuzz this lady has on her face because you can make it out very clearly at the fitted scale to browser window. Any reasonably good DSLR sensor would probably be able to pick that up lol. I'd say 5DmkII or III for sure and maybe even a 7D or 60D. I think a more challenging example of detail should be presented.  :o

briansquibb

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2012, 02:03:01 AM »

Sorry, again, but you are the only only one who is constantly talking about "80Mb(sic) MF". I simply think D800 is very detailed, hence this post. Comparing it against larger format systems is what you are doing.

Me thinks you are a little insecure.

'Constantly talkng about the 80Mb MF'. I mentioned it once and you wade in with personal attack and now you wade in with yet another unfounded personal comment.

You might think the D800 is very detailed but you clearly haven't wandered into the MF world yet you state

Well I have seen the output from a 80Mb MF first hand at the recent UK show - a wall sized print of outstanding detail. Personally I think the initial portrait is ghastly and doesn't show the D800 at its best.

And now I am getting attacked for 'half looking' at a MF. Rather like abusing someone who looks at a Ferrari having seen a Mustang.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:06:21 AM by briansquibb »

Canon-F1

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2012, 03:49:24 AM »
i don´t know why this forum is called EOS BODIES.. when all the nikon stuff is posted here.

im not interested in reading about nikon when i visit the EOS BODIES forum....

why is no mod moving this thread?

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2012, 04:06:56 AM »
i don´t know why this forum is called EOS BODIES.. when all the nikon stuff is posted here.

Well... Competition is good, comparing competitive products is good and seing beyond borders of EOS bodies is also good as one can imagine what will achieve after Canon has released competing product in the future. It's as about EOS as about photography in general. Personally I don't see anything inapropriate in this.
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

poias

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2012, 08:36:53 PM »

I can only speak for myself, but I think D800 is getting noticed is because it THE best camera for fraction of the cost (i.e. value!) with off the charts (literally) performance.

Look at more detail:

http://pcfoto.biz/images/testovi/Nikon_D800E_preview/048_T10p_galerija_n70-200_f2-8gVRII_jpg.jpg

jrista

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • EOL
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »

I can only speak for myself, but I think D800 is getting noticed is because it THE best camera for fraction of the cost (i.e. value!) with off the charts (literally) performance.

Look at more detail:

http://pcfoto.biz/images/testovi/Nikon_D800E_preview/048_T10p_galerija_n70-200_f2-8gVRII_jpg.jpg

Personally, I find there to be far too much detail in that image. I like a pretty gal as much as the next guy, but I only really want to see that much up-close detail if I'm up close in person because that pretty gal is my girlfriend or wife. Assuming I purchased the D800 for its ability to print larger with more detail...yikes! I wouldn't want to print photos of ANYONE with THAT much detail and sharpness...its almost a crime.

I much prefer portraits taken with lenses with a bit of spherical aberration (which is often the case with ultra-fast 50 primes), where a bit of soft focus smooths features and produces amazing boke.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:31:11 PM by jrista »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »

seekn

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2012, 10:51:29 PM »

Look at more detail:

I agree too much resolution can be unflattering.  You are kind of misguided I think in your statement.  The "best" camera for what application?  You really think it will be the best camera for sports? weddings? travel/journalistic photos?  I highly doubt it.  You have a case if you say it may be the best camera for its value for "specific" uses - which I think even Nikon would agree with.

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2012, 11:53:59 PM »
P.S. some of you are being VERy mean to this poor girl that may have the heart of a dove. . . .

+100!

I think she was very brave to have her photo published. Let us be caring about what we write.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2012, 11:53:59 PM »