October 23, 2014, 07:51:28 AM

Author Topic: any screen protectors for MarkIII?  (Read 12911 times)

unkbob

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: any screen protectors for MarkIII?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »
I don't like how finger prints and nose oil seem to cloud up the LCD screen so easily, so I'm considering a protector. I guess when the screen is actually on you can't see the smudginess, but I still find it irritating! I have a glass GGS protector on my 7D, which is also the frame for the ggs loupe, and it seems to be easier to wipe clean.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »

otsink

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 11:19:27 PM »
XO skins has a protector for the 5DM3. Just got mine a couple days ago. About $11 on their website. http://xoskins.com/canon-5d-mark-iii-screen-protector

EvilTed

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012, 02:35:53 AM »
Did you get one that fit the MK3?
The one they sent me was way off for the top LCD :(

ET

eskoeunmo

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2012, 02:39:20 AM »
I ordered the XO skin and received it the other day and removed it hours later. I didn't like how it didn't cover up the entire screen. It's off by a few mm. Also I couldn't get rid of some air bubbles no matter how much I squeegeed it and waited for the bubbles to dissipate. The material felt solid though. 13 bucks down the drain. Looks like I'll go screen protectorless.

thanks for the heads up. i think im going to wait for a good brand to come out with one. will probably use a crappy one for now

spinworkxroy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2012, 03:55:08 AM »
There already is a glass protector the the Mk3 released in Singapore here..i just got it yesterday. Hercules brand i think..it works well..

unkbob

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 02:49:46 PM »
XO skins has a protector for the 5DM3. Just got mine a couple days ago. About $11 on their website. http://xoskins.com/canon-5d-mark-iii-screen-protector

So what's the verdict, some people are saying they don't fit properly, is that true or are there different batches out there? I hate the smudginess of plain glass :/

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 02:49:46 PM »

eddy

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 11:55:17 PM »
Try Martin Fields screen protectors. They've it available for 5D Mark III. They're extremely clear and personally I think they're way better than the flimsy ones. You can probably find them on Amazon or order them from their website.

Hesham

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 06:22:13 AM »

So what's the verdict, some people are saying they don't fit properly, is that true or are there different batches out there? I hate the smudginess of plain glass :/

I purchased the xoskins and they end up in the garbage! for one, they are sort of sticky (both sides) and crumble easily. I installed the top LCD cover only, then took it off. The amount of liquid they want you to spray is crazy, I am sure some of it will end up in the camera.

For the time being, I purchased the biggest clear mobile screen protector and cut with photo paper cutter to fit both LCDs and its great so far...with no liquids on my hands or the cam!!

MrSandman

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »
i've been searching but havn't found one yet, you guys find any?

BestSkinsEver.com

They have the same product as Zagg, but at a much cheaper price.  Buy a large piece - i.e. something large enough to cover a MacBook.  Obviously you don’t need that much of the membrane, but you’ll definitely need to replace this stuff with time, depending on how much you use your camera.  Carefully measure the dimensions of the two screens on your 5D3 and use a paper cutter to cut the protector to the right dimensions.  Accuracy here is very important.  You don’t want the membrane to go beyond the edges of the screens you’re trying to protect - not even by a millimeter.  Be sure to round the edges of the membrane, i.e. don’t leave sharp corners as these will protrude beyond the screens and serve as a place for the membrane to start coming off over time.  When you go to install it, you’re going to need to put several drops of water on the screens so that the membrane doesn’t stick instantly.  Otherwise, you’ll have a hell of a time positioning them correctly.

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »
I ordered the XO skin and received it the other day and removed it hours later. I didn't like how it didn't cover up the entire screen. It's off by a few mm. Also I couldn't get rid of some air bubbles no matter how much I squeegeed it and waited for the bubbles to dissipate. The material felt solid though. 13 bucks down the drain. Looks like I'll go screen protectorless.

I got mine last Sat. Both screens are off by couple-hair, but I'm ok with it for now, better then none.

According the manual instruction, the air bubbles will go away after 24-48hrs. THIS IS TRUE - in my case. I got some air bubbles on the big screen. I did used the "sqeegee" but couldn't get the air bubbles off. I decided to let it dry for 24hrs, next morning , all air bubbles are gone.

I think it worth $10....

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:37:55 AM by Dylan777 »
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

unkbob

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »
i've been searching but havn't found one yet, you guys find any?

BestSkinsEver.com

They have the same product as Zagg, but at a much cheaper price.  Buy a large piece - i.e. something large enough to cover a MacBook.  Obviously you don’t need that much of the membrane, but you’ll definitely need to replace this stuff with time, depending on how much you use your camera.  Carefully measure the dimensions of the two screens on your 5D3 and use a paper cutter to cut the protector to the right dimensions.  Accuracy here is very important.  You don’t want the membrane to go beyond the edges of the screens you’re trying to protect - not even by a millimeter.  Be sure to round the edges of the membrane, i.e. don’t leave sharp corners as these will protrude beyond the screens and serve as a place for the membrane to start coming off over time.  When you go to install it, you’re going to need to put several drops of water on the screens so that the membrane doesn’t stick instantly.  Otherwise, you’ll have a hell of a time positioning them correctly.

Thanks. Just ordered a 17" macbook skin. BTW if you cut to exact dimensions, does the plastic expand a bit as you squeegee out any bubbles etc?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »

broseph

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 04:24:46 PM »
Mine fit fine. You just need to let these dry out a few days. The MK3 is really well sealed water shouldn't get in from a spritz of water haha. Right after the install there is a little more grip, but that goes away after a few days. I tried out best skins ever and can confirm it looks like zagg (orange peel texture) You can't even tell if xoskins is on there, it's crystal, as long as you let it dry all the way.

weesa

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »
How long did shipping take?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »