September 23, 2014, 04:30:01 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mk iii Availablility What does it mean?  (Read 1250 times)

Wilmark

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Wilmark Johnatty Photography
5D Mk iii Availablility What does it mean?
« on: April 03, 2012, 03:07:04 PM »
I am not one who preordered. When Amazon and B&H has the words "in stock" what does this mean? Its available for immediate shipping and you will get it and B & H had the Kit version "instock" however when i tried to order it from B & H, there was a credit card glitch. By the time it was available on Monday it went from "instock" to "Preorder Limited quantity" and Amazon went to "Ships in 1 to 2 months". My question: did anyone order and receive this camera last week from either Amazon or B & H and received it?

canon rumors FORUM

5D Mk iii Availablility What does it mean?
« on: April 03, 2012, 03:07:04 PM »

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: 5D Mk iii Availablility What does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »
You should call BH and ask them. 
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

Bullet Biter

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
I saw that the kit was available last Monday night on B&H and ordered it with 2-day shipping. Received it on Thursday. I didn't pre-order, either. I wanted to see some reviews of the final release product before I committed myself to buying it. Very pleased so far. I think this is the first product that I'm actually reading the manual front to back. Good luck in getting your 5D Mk III. The wait will be worth it.

Wilmark

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 04:58:28 PM »
Thanks for that - there is hope then. I dont live in the US but i am planning a trip with a 2 week window and this purchase is one of the reasons for the trip. I need to ensure that its instock before i buy.

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 05:18:44 PM »
Thanks for that - there is hope then. I dont live in the US but i am planning a trip with a 2 week window and this purchase is one of the reasons for the trip. I need to ensure that its instock before i buy.

Before you leave call BH and ask them to hold it, I'm sure they'll want payment then too, but then it'll be there for you when you arrive.

| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

JRS

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Canon 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 05:57:43 PM »

buy one and choose "store pickup", they will hold it for you, but you have to pay first...

btw, adorama have it in stock right now...
Canon 5D3 | 24-105L | 17-40L | 70-300L | 135L | TS-E 24L II | 50 1.4 | 15 2.8 Fisheye | 270EXII | 600EX-RT (x2) | ST-E3-RT

Wilmark

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »
Thanks JRS, I just ordered mine from Adorama, via Google Checheck out - I hope it really is in stock. The shipping is high (36$ for 3 day or risk free 10 day) though. I have to make sure my CC payment goes thru. I am  going to book my flight to Miami now (to pick up at a friend).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »

RunAndGun

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »
You will also pay NY sales tax if you pick it up in-store.

That sucks about having a glitch on your card and they sold out while you got that straightened out.  I had something very similar happen when I ordered mine.  My CC company would not let it go through, because they thought it was a possible fraudulent charge.  I received an email from them literally within seconds of the attempted purchase.  The cam was still in my cart on-line at B&H.  I immediately logged into my CC account, verified that I did recognize the attempted transaction and logged back out.  Re-entered the CC info at B&H and all was good within minutes and I had my camera the next morning.  I hope you can get yours soon, you will enjoy it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »