October 24, 2014, 12:56:50 PM

Author Topic: The 5D Mark III Fix  (Read 35571 times)

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Re: The 5D Mark III Fix
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »
Right so let me get this straight, lens rental guys took two 5D3s apart, one to let us see what an unfixed camera looks like and one that’s fixed and somewhere in between Canon decided to change the shape of the curve of the pentaprism housing at the front of the camera?

let the flaming begin LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »

Cineman

The 5D Mark III Refusal To Fix
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2012, 02:39:34 PM »
I have two 5D Mark III bodies from the first shipment that are effected by the light leak to the metering sensor and have been trying to get Canon to do something about it to no avail. I took one body to their service center in Irvine last week and was turned away saying that they had not yet announced the fix but that it would be soon. I called today and was told that they are “still investigating the problem”. It is now two months after I purchased the cameras and they are still not offering to open them and install black tape or black mylar or whatever. I was at a Canon event in Hollywood for the 1DC a few weeks ago and the rep. there said that Canon needs to be able to act upon their fix globally on the same day so they need to get everyone up to speed. I wonder how long it takes to ship rolls of black electrical tape to their repair facilities? Maybe they’re just hoping everyone forgets. To make matters worse, their much touted new service center in Hollywood is just down the street from me but won’t accept me as a customer because I’m not a C.P.S. Platinum member. I spend all my camera money on Canon but until I spend $500 a year on a membership they won’t open their doors to me. I need to continue using their repair facility in Irvine…a two hour round trip with no traffic. All I can say is W.T.F.?

briansquibb

Re: The 5D Mark III Refusal To Fix
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »
I have two 5D Mark III bodies from the first shipment that are effected by the light leak to the metering sensor and have been trying to get Canon to do something about it to no avail. I took one body to their service center in Irvine last week and was turned away saying that they had not yet announced the fix but that it would be soon. I called today and was told that they are “still investigating the problem”. It is now two months after I purchased the cameras and they are still not offering to open them and install black tape or black mylar or whatever. I was at a Canon event in Hollywood for the 1DC a few weeks ago and the rep. there said that Canon needs to be able to act upon their fix globally on the same day so they need to get everyone up to speed. I wonder how long it takes to ship rolls of black electrical tape to their repair facilities? Maybe they’re just hoping everyone forgets. To make matters worse, their much touted new service center in Hollywood is just down the street from me but won’t accept me as a customer because I’m not a C.P.S. Platinum member. I spend all my camera money on Canon but until I spend $500 a year on a membership they won’t open their doors to me. I need to continue using their repair facility in Irvine…a two hour round trip with no traffic. All I can say is W.T.F.?

Is your camera leaking to the point of spoiling the shooting or is it that you just want it fixed?

Razor2012

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2012, 03:06:06 PM »
I was told by a Canon rep that you won't be able to send your 5DIII in until the middle of May.  No biggie, I'm not really worried about it so far.
5D MKIII w grip, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 24-70 2.8L II, 16-35 2.8L II, 100 2.8L IS macro, 600EX-RT

ippikiokami

« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2012, 05:34:57 AM »

Quite a sense of entitlement you have there.
They had an announcement they will fix it. Hold your horses. And ? what the heck is wrong with making a facility cater to their best customers? Are they not allowed to do that?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2012, 05:34:57 AM »