October 23, 2014, 08:13:26 AM

Author Topic: 5d Mark iii noise at 1600  (Read 19107 times)

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: 5d Mark iii noise at 1600
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
:-[

yulia,
If your camera is still under 30days return policy, I say you return it and get another BRAND NEW unit. You might have a bad copy :-\

Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »

yulia

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 10:20:22 AM »
:-[

yulia,
If your camera is still under 30days return policy, I say you return it and get another BRAND NEW unit. You might have a bad copy :-\

Yes, i did tell the store i want to return it... I just wanted to make sure that this photos are result of bad camera, not all mark iii's problem or problem of me doing something wrong...

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 10:45:08 AM »
Yes, i did tell the store i want to return it... I just wanted to make sure that this photos are result of bad camera, not all mark iii's problem or problem of me doing something wrong...

Are your store a techy store? If so, you might be able to check it through with them as well before finally parting ways with it..

Much respect for investigating before getting rid of it. Many people don't...

yulia

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 12:44:18 PM »

Are your store a techy store? If so, you might be able to check it through with them as well before finally parting ways with it..

Much respect for investigating before getting rid of it. Many people don't...

Thank you! I ordered from onecall, they told me a tech will call me today....

Meanwhile...i am still trying to figure out if there is a mistake on my end...

When i open DPP...when i have jpg file the Noise reduction tab is enabled, i can move the slides etc...When i open RAW file...everything in Noise Reduction Tab is just grey and i can't use it...Is it always like that? (still hoping something is wrong with me, my computer, dpp... but not the camera he he)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:53:20 PM by yulia »

RuneL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »
That's unacceptable, return it, something is terribly wrong with the settings or the camera itsef. For reference this is a 1600 ISO shot from a 1D IV cropped at 100, the results from the 5D III should be a lot better than this:

swampler

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »
When i open DPP...when i have jpg file the Noise reduction tab is enabled, i can move the slides etc...When i open RAW file...everything in Noise Reduction Tab is just grey and i can't use it...Is it always like that? (still hoping something is wrong with me, my computer, dpp... but not the camera he he)
The apply button in DPP is grey until you make a change to the sliders, then it will turn active.

yulia

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2012, 11:42:06 PM »
The apply button in DPP is grey until you make a change to the sliders, then it will turn active.

the sliders DON'T move at all :(
they do move with jpegs, but not RAW :(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2012, 11:42:06 PM »

Sycotek

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2012, 11:55:43 PM »
I returned mine due to the same problem mate - trust me you arent the only one - the demo unit in store had the exact same issue. the 1D4 is significantly better I!/Banding/Noise (as it should)

I wont touch another one personally.

TotoEC

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 04:00:49 AM »

The latest (corrected) DPP version is 3.11.26.  If you are editing RAW files, the slider should be active and the TIFF/JPeg sliders should be grayed out and vise versa.

MazV-L

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 05:51:53 AM »

Do you have the general settings in DPP (under Preferences) on High Speed rather than High Quality, because Noise Reduction is switched off when you have it set to High Speed.

Sycotek

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 11:07:19 PM »
Hi Mate, I don't have a 5D3 anymore but I didn't try one combination.

FYI the Latest DPP raped my 5d3 cr2s - best combination i found was DNG to LR4

One thing i noticed looking at the sample shots on the canon website and wondering WTF my iso 400 raws don't look as good as their iso 3200 jpegs - is that they used the in-body convertor.

Please see samples below:

1dx http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/samples/eos1dx/downloads/010.jpg

5d3 http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/samples/eos5dmk3/downloads/15.jpg

The 5d3 iso 3200 image they used shot by the same tog in the same location 800mm FL on the 5d3 has no banding… blows the 1dx out of the water.

Where is that noise profile on the production model 5d3?!!

On that 5d3 sample page the 5d3 indoor iso 3200 wedding shot is banding free also... something fishy going on...

As noteed at the bottom – in camera raw conversion – maybe the body knows something dpp/acr/DNG doesn’t.

I can't confirm if the in-body convertor is the key, I wont be able to test till the weekend when i get my hands on another 5d3 but something to consider and try out

yulia

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2012, 12:17:20 PM »

Do you have the general settings in DPP (under Preferences) on High Speed rather than High Quality, because Noise Reduction is switched off when you have it set to High Speed.

THANK YOU! that did it!

Z

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2012, 02:25:22 PM »
THANK YOU! that did it!

So all is fine with your camera? Good news.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2012, 02:25:22 PM »

yulia

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2012, 12:40:03 PM »
THANK YOU! that did it!

So all is fine with your camera? Good news.

no, all is good with my software  ;D

camera, unfortunately, is going back to the store...i already got another one and it looks much better, i think...for $3500 i don't want to look for solutions and fixes for more then a week...my 50 1.4 came in yesterday as well, so i am one happy girl :) :)

photokid

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 10:19:43 PM »
Newbie here, having problems with my 5D3 images, was shooting my first time indoor arena, daughters ice skating practice. Operator error, or do i have a faulty camera, all my images are a bit graineier than i would want to be honest, and all seem a little soft, this is one of the better ones, Ive had the camera since beginning of april, but this is the first time I've had to use it in low light, i seem to remember my 5D2 looking better and sharper with same lens at ISO5000 with Jpeg when shooting some Martial arts, should i demand a fix/repalcement?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 10:19:43 PM »