September 19, 2014, 02:16:40 AM

Author Topic: Canon BG-E11 Making its Way to Retailers  (Read 15980 times)

jmp2000

Re: Canon BG-E11 Making its Way to Retailers
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 08:24:13 PM »
Does the BG-E11 come with two batteries?
Nope Canon's Grips do not include batteries.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 08:24:13 PM »

niccyboy

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
Where in Aus? Id love to pick a couple up today before my shoot!!

ideaworx

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • fishing x photography
    • View Profile
    • SaltHD
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »
Sooooo Nice, this just made my day :-)
5DM3 x Some Lenses

TexPhoto

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 10:42:29 PM »
How water tight is this?  How does it feel?  My 5DII grip was pretty flexible in it's joint with the body until i made a custom gasket to fi the edges.  I hope for this kind of mine, it's improved.

rlarsen

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 11:13:52 PM »
I'm waiting for a less expensive option.
I paid less than $60 for a non-Canon MK ll grip and it was just as good as the Canon version.

$350, no thanks.

71sbeetle

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 11:40:18 PM »
My local Canon dealer here in South Florida got a couple in stock this morning (Friday May 18th 2012), so they're in the US.

Sony

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 11:43:58 PM »
The battery magazine and the way it slides in look like that of battery grip of EOS T1i. I dont like it. It's inconvenient. I have T1i and 50D with grips so I know them.
Grips of 50D and 5Dii look alike.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:48:39 PM by Sony »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 11:43:58 PM »

71sbeetle

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 11:46:05 PM »
I also liked the old design, less parts to loose or break. But it was necessary for the joystick I believe.

dturano

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 11:59:52 PM »
I always give this site to much credit (or maybe its well deserved) we havent heard to much news about the BG-E11 and official launch dates, recently... or when to expect it to be available. 

Ironic that CR has a front page leak about upcoming canon grips, only a day or two after a thread gains attention about an ebay after market grip set to release in june. 

A canon employee may have felt some pressure and leaked some shipping info...... maybe im looking into it to much, still get a kick out of the fact the other day a user posts a third party grip on ebay from china that seems to be promising and then the following day "Canon BG-E11 Making its Way to Retailers"

almost like "hey were canon were working on the grip, 3rd party is gaining on potentially releasing first, lets leak some info to get back on board with our higher priced grip"

honestly i would buy the canon grip if i could walk into a local NY dealer and pick one up, but if there is a 3rd party one in china first, cheaper, ill take it and will probably be just as satisfied.

anakha

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 12:33:25 AM »
I spoke by telephone to the staff at Camerapro.net.au in Brisbane, Australia. Their first shipment of grips went out on Thursday and Friday to customer's who had pre-ordered the BG-E11.

They are now out of stock until their new shipment arrives next week. They are taking pre-orders for that shipment though: www.camerapro.net.au

AUD355 plus postage, insurance & CC charges.

Anakha

PS: for other Aussies - JB Hi-Fi don't even have any records of the BG-E11, so who knows when they will get it. Teds.com.au wants over $400 and don't yet have any info on stock delivery dates on their website.

71sbeetle

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 12:39:37 AM »

honestly i would buy the canon grip if i could walk into a local NY dealer and pick one up, but if there is a 3rd party one in china first, cheaper, ill take it and will probably be just as satisfied.

Well, I am able to walk in to my "local" photo store and buy a Canon one, maybe the NY stores have them too (although my B&H order still says backordered) so they really are here.

dturano

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 01:26:21 AM »
Whats local to you?  Glad to see Aussie dealers shipped what they had last thursday (based on some posts), I would have expected to see more worldwide release wise but either way anywhere in the world release wise is nice to see.

Locally to me covers a lot of retailers, none have any any sign of the grip being in stock or coming soon but that may change monday with these new updates.  B&H, Adorama, abesofmaine, cameta, berger-bros, micro center, best buy, j&r,

71sbeetle, what local dealers do you have access to you can walk in and buy a BG-E11 tomorrow and pick one up?  As you pointed out B&H lists backordered, thats local to me, and while i admit im spoiled in most situations because b&h has what most dealers have some the monster dealers "local" to me usually get first stock, i.e. adorama, b&h, cameta on long island.   I would love to order one from them.  The 3rd party ones are listed as June ship dates, if thats the case and the canon version is shipping spotty world wide im sure they will become more available before the 3rd party ones flood the market.

Well, I am able to walk in to my "local" photo store and buy a Canon one, maybe the NY stores have them too (although my B&H order still says backordered) so they really are here.

71sbeetle

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 01:43:06 AM »
I called the Canon retailer closest to me (which happens to be the place I bought my 5D3 also on March 22nd, even though they had received them and started selling them on the 19th !) and they told me that they got a couple in stock. I had already talked to them about getting it price matched to B&H at $349 and the manager had accepted and put a note in the computer in my customer file and printed a copy of it for me "just in case" he said lol. I didn't have a chance to go in today before they closed, but I asked if they could keep one for me. Sure I'll have to pay tax on it, but for $20.xx more and I get it before my Birthday this week end so I can use it on our little "vacation" it'll be perfect. I forgot to ask if they heard anything about the GP-E2 (although they already told me they won't be able to match the $269 price on it). But they did get a couple BG-E11 in on Friday (yesterday since it's 1:42AM here in South Florida) so they're here in the US, I'm expecting to see Adorama/B&H/etc start shipping them soon :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 01:43:06 AM »

71sbeetle

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 01:45:45 AM »
I will call around tomorrow to see if any more stores got any. This place got the 5D3 in stock on March 19th, but a "bigger" more well known store in Miami (Pitman Photo) didn't get theirs until the 26th !

Mencho(22)

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 05:33:29 AM »
I'm waiting for a less expensive option.
I paid less than $60 for a non-Canon MK ll grip and it was just as good as the Canon version.

$350, no thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRE-ORDER-Pixel-BG-E11-Alternative-Battery-Grip-Canon-EOS-5D-III-Free-Ship-/140755377672?pt=US_Camera_Battery_Grips&hash=item20c5ac9e08

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 05:33:29 AM »