September 30, 2014, 08:07:38 AM

Author Topic: Canon are you listening...?? NIKON D600  (Read 65391 times)

briansquibb

Re: Canon are you listening...?? NIKON D600
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2012, 12:46:27 PM »
The big problem here is too many Canon fans or employees trying to tell Canon is always right.

1. People have to have good skills to use cameras.
2. People cannot complain the product you would like buy because that's against your choice.
3. The lack of features are no problem because that's the company I like.
4. Too many lenses to switch to another company.  Here we are talking about CAMERAS, not lenses.
5. Many resources from other websites are wrong because they don't know Canon.
6. Anything against Canon is wrong.

This site is for users interested in Canon equipment, not for people to spread the word about how good Nikon a camera in comparison to Canon's camera - especially one that is only rumoured.

Having slagged off Canon, now you are slagging off the users on this forum. Wow  :o :o :o

1. People on this forum are from noobs to top pros where help is freely given and information willingly exchanged.
2. People can choose whatever camera they want and give the reason they chose the camera they bought.
3. The lack of features maybe the reason people didn't buy the offering not a reason to slag of Canon.
4. Too many lenses to switch to another company may be a reason that the budget stops us switching
5. Many resources from other websites biased against Canon and some are biased towards Canon
6. Anything defammatory against Canon is stupid if it is just your point of view - see 3.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:49:44 PM by briansquibb »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2012, 12:46:27 PM »

Kernuak

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
The point is, many of the people criticising the 5D MkIII and lauding the D800 (and even the currently mythical D600) haven't used either. It's like me saying that Lamborghini's are better than Ferrari's, I haven't driven either and am never likely to. I have used the 5D MkIII and was impressed, but I haven't tried the D800, although I'm sure I'd also be impressed with that.
A lot of it is down to what features you as a photographer need. If you need high resolution, then get the D800 (if you can afford to switch), if like me, low light performance and faster frame rate is more important, then go for the 5D MkIII. To keep on going over the same ground, griping about the price and supposed quality of one camera over the other, especially when you haven't even tried them is pretty pointless and eventually with any luck, most people will stop listening. Perhaps it would be an idea for some people to look at the photos in the gallery section, rather than complain about how other cameras are lacking something. There's even a thread showing what cheap equipment can achieve, with much lower specs than either the 5D MkIII or D800.
Canon 5D MkIII, 7D, 300mm L IS f/2.8 and a few other L's

UrbanVoyeur

• Rebel SL1
  • To see and be seen.
    • View Profile
    • UrbanVoyeur.com
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2012, 01:22:21 PM »
The big problem here is too many Canon fans or employees trying to tell Canon is always right.
So true.

cliffwang

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »

This site is for users interested in Canon equipment, not for people to spread the word about how good Nikon a camera in comparison to Canon's camera - especially one that is only rumoured.

Having slagged off Canon, now you are slagging off the users on this forum. Wow  :o :o :o

1. People on this forum are from noobs to top pros where help is freely given and information willingly exchanged.
2. People can choose whatever camera they want and give the reason they chose the camera they bought.
3. The lack of features maybe the reason people didn't buy the offering not a reason to slag of Canon.
4. Too many lenses to switch to another company may be a reason that the budget stops us switching
5. Many resources from other websites biased against Canon and some are biased towards Canon
6. Anything defammatory against Canon is stupid if it is just your point of view - see 3.

Sounds like true Canon fanboy or employee!
Who rule this site cannot talk about how good Nikon is?  That's the way to push Canon making better products for us.
Slagging off the users here?  I feel someone did first, not me.
1. People here are sharing their experiences, feeling, and ideas for anything about/related Canon.  Here is not for ONLY PROs.  Everyone has right to post here.
2. People are sharing what they like and dislike of a camera related to Canon.
3. Many non-PROs are still using their 5D2, not upgrading to 5D3 because of many reasons including features, price, and emotional thing.
4. I agree that many people may not switch to another camera company because of budget.  However, that shouldn't be the reason to against other good cameras.
5. We should appreciate Canon and other camera companies making better and better for us.  We shouldn't against some companies because they are not on our side, right.
6. Please don't make yourself like that.
Canon 5D3 | Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Sigma 50mm F/1.4 | Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 VC | Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L | Canon Closed-up 500D | 430EX | Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 | Manfrotto Tripod

Canon-F1

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
I think a lot of the complainers are more into the toys, tech, comparing specs & reading charts. They need the higher ISO IQ and improved dynamic range to photograph the back of their lens cap and brick walls.

It's a shame how this forum has degraded so quickly, it used to be a place to share in a positive way.

oh please spare us that sermon..

if im going to buy a NEW camera i want the BEST i can get for my MONEY.. not something that is GOOD ENOUGH.

that´s human nature.

and im not some fanboy that does not see or say when nikon has a good/better product.

and the D600 looks like a great product on paper... we will see.

Quote from: briansquibb

well this site (especially the third party forum) is for what users are intersted in.. and suprise suprise that is maybe something different then you are interested in.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:32:43 PM by Canon-F1 »

kazeye

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 01:29:29 PM »
Sounds like a nice camera in theory, even if it does get produced good luck getting it in the next 5 years once you pre-order it with all of Nikon's production problems. 

Canon-F1

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »
In this case, there is always the option to just ignore threads like "Canon are you listening...?? NIKON D600".

I think in this case the best option would have been to post this thread on a more general photographic forum.

are you running for a mod job?

this is the third party forum and i clearly see his wish for such a product from canon... if you don´t want to read about nikon or have a nikonphobie.. don´t read this forum. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »

BobSanderson

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »
cliffwang - I am totally sold on your trail of tears and so departure is the only honorable thing left ...here are some links to get you warmed up on the Nikon flaws:

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/05/04/nikon-offers-temporary-fix-for-d4d800-lock-up-issue/
http://fstoppers.com/news-nikon-d800-has-confirmed-focusview-finder-issues
http://nikonrumors.com/forum/topic.php?id=5517
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:17:42 PM by BobSanderson »

V8Beast

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 02:31:59 PM »
If Nikon now doubles that up with a D600 at around 1.5k and if its sensor also creams the 5D3 - which I fully expect - than Canon will indeed "be toast" in the all-important non-pro, photo-enthusiast segment of the market. That is us, the guys who buy by far the largest share of higher-end, high-margin lenses and speedlites, as well as future cameras. :-)

How do you know that the "non-pro, photo-enthusiasts segment of the market" are "the guys who buy by far the largest share of higher-end, high-margin lenses and speedlites." I'm curious is you have any statistics that backs up your claim, or if it's pure speculation. If I interpret your statement correctly, then it sounds like you think that it's hobbyists that purchase expensive L-series lenses and accessories in the greatest quantities?

Most entry-level SLR buyers I come across stick with Rebels, xxDs, and cheap kit lenses. Sure, there are lots of "non-pro, photo-enthusiasts" that have very nice bodies and pro-grade lenses on the internet, but do you really think the internet is a true representation of overall market demographics?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:37:23 PM by V8Beast »

briansquibb

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »
In this case, there is always the option to just ignore threads like "Canon are you listening...?? NIKON D600".

I think in this case the best option would have been to post this thread on a more general photographic forum.

are you running for a mod job?

this is the third party forum and i clearly see his wish for such a product from canon... if you don´t want to read about nikon or have a nikonphobie.. don´t read this forum.

If I want to read about Nikon I go to Nikon Rumours. I dont come to Canon Rumours to listen to the Nikon Fanboys  tell me what a poor job Canon are doing.

briansquibb

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 03:10:27 PM »
Sounds like true Canon fanboy or employee!

Oh the ultimate insult  :o :o :o :o

sheedoe

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
This is a rumor...you might not see a Nikon like that either.

I bet you that the rumor is pretty close to being true, and it'll ship before the 1D X is shipped in mass quantities to the general public.

And when will they ship the D800 in mass quantities? lol
Canon- 5D II x2 | 70D | 8-15mm f4L Fisheye | 16-35mm f/2.8L II | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 24mm f/1.4L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 85mm f/1.2L II |100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | 600EX-RT x3 | 580EX II | ST-E3 RT | EOS M w/22mm Lens | Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | GH4

cliffwang

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
cliffwang - I am totally sold on your trail of tears and so departure is the only honorable thing left ...here are some links to get you warmed up on the Nikon flaws:

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/05/04/nikon-offers-temporary-fix-for-d4d800-lock-up-issue/
http://fstoppers.com/news-nikon-d800-has-confirmed-focusview-finder-issues
http://nikonrumors.com/forum/topic.php?id=5517

Thanks for the links.  Just took a look of those posts.  Looks Nikon need to fix some problems in their new firmware.  I am happy with my 5D2 and actually haven't decided to switch to D800 yet.  If D600 rumor is true, that might be the most interesting one for me.  39 AF points / under 2000 is what perfect for me.  I hope Canon will have similar model with similar price soon.  I guess I need more time to study Nikon cameras, so I still have a lot of time to make my finial decision.
Canon 5D3 | Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Sigma 50mm F/1.4 | Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 VC | Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L | Canon Closed-up 500D | 430EX | Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 | Manfrotto Tripod

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »

UrbanVoyeur

• Rebel SL1
  • To see and be seen.
    • View Profile
    • UrbanVoyeur.com
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »
How do you know that the "non-pro, photo-enthusiasts segment of the market" are "the guys who buy by far the largest share of higher-end, high-margin lenses and speedlites." I'm curious is you have any statistics that backs up your claim, or if it's pure speculation. If I interpret your statement correctly, then it sounds like you think that it's hobbyists that purchase expensive L-series lenses and accessories in the greatest quantities?
Because photo-enthusiast hobbyists vastly out number working pros by a zillion to one?

Even a tiny fraction of hobbyists buying L lenses would exceed the total number of working pros. The exceptions *might* be the extremely long L primes (400, 600, etc), but even there, there exists a huge number of non-pro nature photographers that use these regularly.

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2012, 04:48:04 PM »
i want this .. i want such a canon camera!!

http://fstoppers.com/new-rumor-good-news-for-the-nikon-d600

The Goods:

– 24.7MP Full-Frame Sensor — Could it be more perfect?
 – 5fps, 2 SD card slots
 – ISO 100-6400 (Lo 50 – Hi 25,600)
 – Built-in AF motor (so AF-S lenses won’t be mandatory)
 – 1080p at 30, 35, 24 — 720p at 60, 50, 30, 25
 – HDMI output
 – 100% viewfinder coverage for FX, 97% DX
 – Just slightly lighter than the D800 (about 800g v. 900g)
 – Will likely be weather sealed
 – 39 AF Points
 – Could be as cheap as $1500! — D3x was already killed by the D800…but Nikon obviously doesn’t mind beating it down further…

The “Bad”:

– No built-in GPS — This goes against what we thought earlier, but honestly, we’d all much rather have an AF motor and a weather-sealed body than a silly GPS chip that few will actually need. That saves most of us a little change, too, since we won’t ‘have’ to buy an external GPS attachment if we don’t want to.

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Meet us below in the comments section!

is it an sony Alpha 900 on budget?...maybe they are repackaging the unsold a900as nikon d600
Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 50D - sigma 24-70 EX DG - sigma 70-200 EX DG HSM OS - Sigma 50 Art

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2012, 04:48:04 PM »