September 21, 2014, 12:09:48 PM

Author Topic: Real Estate Photography 5D mkIII  (Read 21908 times)

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Real Estate Photography 5D mkIII
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2012, 12:05:45 AM »
well..that's an interesting theory.  I shoot only RAW cause then if the image is messed up I have a better chance of recovery (say I forgot to change the exposure from the last scene).  Have you ever used the recipe feature in DPP?  Quiet nice as if you have multiple shots from the same scene that all suffer from the same criteria (say under exposure) you can create a single recipe, save it then apply it to to a batch of images all at once, then do a batch process to convert to JPG then delete the RAWs and keep whatever JPG's you like.  I know you mentioned space but not sure if you are concerned about space on the camera or MAC/PC?  I take all my shots on a 32 gig CF card.  If on vacation I then do a "camera copy" to the spare SD card (less costly) then I have the 32 gig free again on the CF.  I found this to be economical without suffering from speed loss (writing to the card).  I rate all my pics and typically only keep the RAWs that are 5 star. So if I've got 8 RAW shots of a hummingbird, I might keep 4 as JPG's but only 1 or 2 RAWs of the best of the 8.  I can already see the 5D Mark III pics chewing away at my disk drive.

Sometimes you don't have a choice.  Especially when you're shooting college sports and the shots go to your laptop where they are then sent to a webmaster, at the game.  You better get the shot right because it's going to jpeg and to a live update website.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2012, 12:05:45 AM »

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2012, 02:48:30 AM »

No Lines by @!ex, on Flickr

Records from the Past by @!ex, on Flickr

Teddy by @!ex, on Flickr

Picture in Picture by @!ex, on Flickr

Organic Cooking by @!ex, on Flickr

TiVo by @!ex, on Flickr

[/quote]
I like these images a lot! The first image is very nice without hdr look. The contrast of the barren and dull inside with the colorful life as a contrast seen thru the windows. Nice nice images.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

@!ex

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2012, 04:41:09 PM »

No Lines by @!ex, on Flickr

Records from the Past by @!ex, on Flickr

Teddy by @!ex, on Flickr

Picture in Picture by @!ex, on Flickr

Organic Cooking by @!ex, on Flickr

TiVo by @!ex, on Flickr

I like these images a lot! The first image is very nice without hdr look. The contrast of the barren and dull inside with the colorful life as a contrast seen thru the windows. Nice nice images.
[/quote]

Thanks, I especially appreciate the compliments from fellow photographers...

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:58 PM »
<snip>

Nice work... I used to do a lot of real estate work until the market bottomed out a few years ago and most my realtors have stopped using me because they cant afford me, or they have taken up jobs elsewhere...<snip>
Just curious....what kind of money do ya'll try to charge real estate companies for this type of photograpy?

What was the going rate before the 'bottom feel out'?  Just curious....

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

Cgdillan

• Canon 70D
  • HDSLR Cinematographer/Photograper
    • View Profile
    • Stockham Media
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »
<snip>

Nice work... I used to do a lot of real estate work until the market bottomed out a few years ago and most my realtors have stopped using me because they cant afford me, or they have taken up jobs elsewhere...<snip>
Just curious....what kind of money do ya'll try to charge real estate companies for this type of photograpy?

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

For my stuff I charge $200 for day shots and $300 for evening shots
2x 5D mkiii, 7D, 60D, T2i, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Bower 14mm f/2.8, Canon 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye, 24mm L f/1.4 ii, Sigma 35mm ART f/1.4, 24-105mm L f/4.0 IS, 50mm f/1.8 ii, 85mm L f/1.2 ii, 100mm L Macro f/2.8 IS, 135mm L f2.0 75-300mm f/4-5.6, 70-200mm L f/2.8, Sigma 70-200mm OS f/2.8. StockhamMedia.com

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »
<snip>

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

Thank you....and for those numbers...about how many images do they get?

Again,thank you for the info....

C

Cgdillan

• Canon 70D
  • HDSLR Cinematographer/Photograper
    • View Profile
    • Stockham Media
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »
<snip>

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

Thank you....and for those numbers...about how many images do they get?

Again,thank you for the info....

C

20-30 usually for me
2x 5D mkiii, 7D, 60D, T2i, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Bower 14mm f/2.8, Canon 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye, 24mm L f/1.4 ii, Sigma 35mm ART f/1.4, 24-105mm L f/4.0 IS, 50mm f/1.8 ii, 85mm L f/1.2 ii, 100mm L Macro f/2.8 IS, 135mm L f2.0 75-300mm f/4-5.6, 70-200mm L f/2.8, Sigma 70-200mm OS f/2.8. StockhamMedia.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »